Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Red Crystal Pearl Coat, pending bed lining
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Morning, dog woke me up early, potty emergency, LOL. NE way back to bed for an hour, than get up, feed all critters (includes me), get some Joe, do a lil cleaning/arranging. LADY that I have once a month coming to do house clean. Before ne body says hmmm, friend of wifes' (read my bio ref wife), and she has a house clean business (cancer survivor) and needs the $$$$. So I have her come once a month. Besides, I hate DUSTING, LOL...

All have a great day...

EDIT: Thanks Hunter. Since by reading I see U in the MED profession, DOC said stay off foot, elevate, soak epson salts, wear good shoe (I have steel plated boots for support). Now I am thinking, I have to muck stalls, move hay, hmmmm, guess I hop on (1) foot LMAO. And friggin Ibuprofen not enuf for the OUCH, LOL...

huntergreen, cuminslvr and hotrod45 like this.
  2. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Longhorn 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Good Mornin', Gents!
    We had some sun until a short time ago. The pesky clouds have moved in. It still looks pretty bright out there, though. If it stays dry for a while, I might be able to get out a rake some more leaves. The wife has an appointment this afternoon, so we'll be out in the truck for a while. On Monday, I drove about 120 miles and the combined gas mileage was about 16, manually calculated. I had about 200 miles of short trips already on the trip odometer. Not great, but it is getting colder now. Maybe I'll resort to believing the onboard version at about 17.5 mpg. The truck continues to be a luxury. I take music with me on a thunb drive. I listened mostly to Bonnie Raitt. Good stuff. So now, at hand, I have to finish this coffee, go feed the dog and get outside with a rake. Have a good 'un, everybody! :)

cuminslvr likes this.
  3. Ramm5.7

Ramm5.7 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Ram 1500 Bighorn
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Good Morning to all the old timers..lol
    I have been busy at work so lurking on the forum when I can.
    Hope everyone is ok and prepared for the winter chill!??

4. cuminslvr

cuminslvr Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 Diesel
    God morning all!
    Hope your pain is better TB. Beautiful day here so far, rain coming in tomorrow. Surprised how many leaves fell over the last couple days. Started with that near tornado weather last friday night. Was blowing like crazy. Need it to be dry for a good week to get out there and mulch up more of the leaves. Going to see the DR tomorrow, back problems as usual but want to talk about getting my shoulder fixed. MRI says I need to have it replaced. :eek: Its a b*tch when things break.

Have a great day guys. Be safe.

huntergreen, Fitz87gn and hotrod45 like this.
  5. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7

When not doing anything rest and elevate. Ortho docs I know say hot/warm compresses or ice. Whichever feels better. 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. I rotate between ice and hot..

6. Fitz87gn

Fitz87gn Veteran 66-68 Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2003 1500 & 2018 2500
    Engine:
    5.7 & 6.4
    Morning Gents. Terrible night in Thousand Oaks Ca last night. 3rd safest city in US. My oldest friend of 60 years retired as a Sargent from Ventura County Sheriffs. He and the Sargent that was killed last night went thru the Academy together. His son is a detective in the dept, and is working the scene. Insane.
    Mac, heal up well.
    Ginsberg in the hospital with three broken ribs.
    Acosta got his WH badge suspended for rude shotgun questions. May be they will understand . This President is a street fighter.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    sandawilliams, cuminslvr and hotrod45 like this.
  7. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Red Crystal Pearl Coat, pending bed lining
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yeah, that mass shooting stuff in CA is such a terrible shame. Unfortunately, not going into details, but I have been in 2 shootings. (1) domestic, (1) Mass Casualty. Nothing fun about that. Good luck to the son who is a detective there. Crime scene like that takes days to work.

All be safe...

cuminslvr and Fitz87gn like this.
  8. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Longhorn 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    It occurred to me today that I can't recall ever hearing anyone suggest that kids should not be "playing" video games that involve violent mass shooting scenarios. It seems like a natural progression to move from video to live action.

9. huntergreen

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7

I hope your friend recovers from loosing co worker and enjoys his well deserved hard earned retirement.

Jim Acosta needs his ass kicked. Like him or hate him, Trump is our POTUS and deserves the respect the office commands.

I am a simple guy and always try to find simple solutions. If we want to stop mass shootings, imho, the solution is to shoot back.

10. huntergreen

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7

Not for normal kids. The same was said in the late fifties till present about violence on TV. We also played with pop guns and toy six shooters with caps. We didn't grow up to be mass murderers. End this new wave parenting and bring back spanking and other punishment. My father had a mean left hook when I deserved it, though I suspect he pulled his punch. Stop coddling kids and , No, not everyone gets a trophy.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Pull Ya, RAM DRVR, hotrod45 and 3 others like this.