Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Longhorn 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Standards, the teaching of right and wrong, as opposed to legal, for instance. Discipline, as in "learn how to do this correctly." That is also connected to standards. Standards and discipline were all through our lives, touching on every part of our lives. The problem with standards, though, is that the farther away from the basis of the standards, the Bible, one gets, the more emphasis there is on "'because I said so' or family/community tradition" which is more internally dependent. Once some young person starts thinking that the only standard is peer pressure, they are more open to doing whatever they want to do. The basis of the standards doesn't go away simply because one ignores it.

Fitz87gn, Pull Ya, cuminslvr and 2 others like this.
  2. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Red Crystal Pearl Coat, pending bed lining
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    HOT, is U Crazy, U want to instill Respect and Discipline in a young person/adult? Call the ACLU...I remember in the 80's when all this touchy/feely stuff started. Was in a "mandatory" military briefing from ACS in Germany, being told how we are not allowed to use "violence" to discipline kids, but use BS like Timeout. Well, I am LEO by trade and was then and I got a Big Mouth, and I stood up and said: My kid disrespect me/mother or another adult, he will be a wall flower. And that goes for all the other stuff, like respect people/property etc. Was told U cannot do that, my reply is: Wanna Bet? Boy did I catch a heat round. To this day stand by what I said. How can U expect kids to understand/respect/obey laws etc if they R not taught and shown by example.

Gotta duck under table now, maybe phone ring, need my tin foil hat (hee hee), LOL

NE way, doggies fed, gotta go hay down hossies, get back in house, drink more Joe and stay off foot (lol)

Also, TYVM to all who serve now/or have served for their service. Goes for Vets and First Responders.

cuminslvr, Fitz87gn and hotrod45 like this.
  3. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Longhorn 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    T-bird, don't give anyone your coordinates.:cool: I'll do likewise. I was just citing the origins for our country and its laws. It's of particular note to me that some of the people who seem most upset by individuals who "do not just do what is right" are also the most disturbed to hear anything about where the national sense of right came from. I really do not expect the nation to return to any sense of "right for the right reason(s)," although there will always be a few that get turned around, much to their personal benefit. In the meantime, I have gotten a lot of leaves raked up into piles. I'll probably not get back outside today to do more. It looks like it could start raining any second.:emotions133:

Fitz87gn likes this.
  4. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Morning all--Cold front went through last night, got some rain and woke this morning to middle 40's with lots of wind. Waiting for the 50's to take the mutt for a walk so just having a little coffee to warm up. IMOH it's probably a good thing that the thing with Tucker Carlson didn't happen in Texas. Some one pounds on your door at night and breaks the door will in all probability still be laying outside the door when the cops arrive. To a large degree kids are a reflection of their parents and what they have learned in school, be it high school or college. You can "if" all day and I don't think it will change anything. We(our current society) are reaping what was sown during the last 20 years. I have almost come to the point in my life that I really don't care. I deal with the "new" generation when I have to, other than that, I figure they are going to have to figure it out themselves. Good luck with that. Most don't want or won't take advise, they have not learned a thing from the past, and believe "compromise" is a dirty word. There are few young adults that still are courteous, level headed and truly care about their future and the future of our country and I try to take the time everyday to thank them individually if I have a chance. It's not surprising that most are veterans or they are providing some sort of community service. I am truly afraid of what we are leaving our grandchildren.
    Jay

5. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Red Crystal Pearl Coat, pending bed lining
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    HOTROD, GOTCHA< I like history and HECK no, no coordinates for ne one, not even FCA Uconnect Nav, lmao, but I am in Texas. They may not want to try to go through my front door, just saying....besides the obvious my German Shepherd would have an opinion also, God Bless TX, lol...

Friggin cold a** wind today. Gonna prob ruin my MC ride tomorrow morning. Not sure I can ride in low 30's on MC, brrrrrrrr.

All have a Great Day

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Pull Ya, huntergreen and hotrod45 like this.
  6. RickOnt

RickOnt Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    And that's how it should happen!!! It sucks how the person protecting their property is the one prosecuted.

Morning Gents

Winter has arrived here about 3" of snow 27'F and windy. Forecast for snow squalls.

Looks like the leaf cleanup is done I got about 90% of them a few still in the Oak trees.

Snow tires are on, splash guards are on and truck is rustproofed.

Gotta shampoo a big carpet in the office today, Tonight is Hockey Night. Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins an original six matchup.

Gonna get the fireplace going and enjoy the game with an adult beverage.

Have a fun and safe weekend
    Cheers
    Rick

7. Ramm5.7

Ramm5.7 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Ram 1500 Bighorn
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Morning guys. Sitting in the Ace hardware parking lot before work watching the hot rods pull in at the weekly "Donuts for Derelics" gtg/show.
    Just another wonderful day in paradise accept that I'm in Kali..lol

cuminslvr, Pull Ya, Fitz87gn and 2 others like this.
  8. runamuck

runamuck Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    turkeybird I was just down in centex last week. rode my ultra from dfw to hill country for some riding. great weather then but got cold front here last night...34* now. glad to see another rider on the forum. saw lots of runover deer along the roads and see more wild hogs every time I go. I notice an ever increasing percentage of folks with brush guards on their trucks. I wonder how one would look on my new Laramie

9. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    No worries just remember to plant a gun.

cuminslvr, Pull Ya and Fitz87gn like this.
  10. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7

In Jersey they have to be in the house before you can shoot them. My plan is, first barrel takes out the lower legs, should fall forward into house, 2nd barrel finishes the job.

cuminslvr, Pull Ya and Fitz87gn like this.