Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. runamuck

runamuck Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    they were new to me too in '67 but I liked the way the shot. am keeping an eye out for the most throw back looking model I can afford. maybe the 1:8 heavy barrel model Ruger has and then change out stock to the old style. just have other priorities for the 6-700$ right now.

Pull Ya, Fitz87gn and hotrod45 like this.
  2. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Longhorn 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Good Mornin', Gents!
    Cold and clear here this morning with some high clouds. When I went out with the dog, there was a little bit of dusting of tiny, round snow pellets, maybe 1/16" diameter. I don't seen any of it left now, though. The ground is pretty hard now and where it was muddy and got tracked up, the dog picks her way across to avoid sharp edges. I had to change a shower head yesterday. It was a simple chrome on brass shower head and it finally got to where it just wasn't performing. It was about 25 years old and it probably got cleaned once a year or so. I used tip cleaners (gas welding) to clean the small holes in the face of it and it came apart easily so the grooves in the edge of the circumference could be cleaned. I noticed the last couple times that the chrome was gone in important places. So that one is headed for the metal recycling dumpster. The next chore is to take the shower control apart and see if I can clean the mixing valve. It resists moving. I like watching Kenda and last night, the episode I saw showed him doing some job at home and he explained that he learned all kinds of jobs early as a police officer because he didn't have enough money to hire anyone. That's pretty close to why I can do so many things, too. I got a pretty good start in making redneck repairs when I worked at a campground as a kid. They didn't have much money, so the maintenance crew did all sorts of makeshift repairs to keep things working. It was good experience. Working on mug #3. Have a fine day, everybody!

Pull Ya, cuminslvr and Fitz87gn like this.
  3. Fitz87gn

Fitz87gn Veteran 66-68 Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2003 1500 & 2018 2500
    Engine:
    5.7 & 6.4
    Morning Gents. Classic Ca fog season. Hoping we do not have a tule fog year. Friend coming over to help with some mods around the house today. Granddaughter needs my office for a special project she is doing. Fired up garage heater and coffee pot. Looking at some interesting posts today. Enjoy guys.

4. Ramm5.7

Ramm5.7 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Ram 1500 Bighorn
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Oops, wrong comedian...I hate when I do that...lol

Pull Ya likes this.
  5. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7

This is just insane.

Pull Ya, Fitz87gn and hotrod45 like this.
  6. Fitz87gn

Fitz87gn Veteran 66-68 Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2003 1500 & 2018 2500
    Engine:
    5.7 & 6.4
    Yep, the problem is FCA Corp people want to do the right thing in a timely fashion. But their bureaucracy and poor understanding of dealer focus is causing a pissing war. The dealer feels that Corp is putting to much of the process and procedure on them and Corp takes the position that this is part of the dealers responsibility when these things happen. Hunter it is like a sitcom.

huntergreen and Pull Ya like this.
  7. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Longhorn 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yeah and no matter who the cast is, not well written and not very funny. Sorry, but with a straight line that good, I got out of control.:D

huntergreen, Pull Ya and Fitz87gn like this.
  8. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Afternoon guys--40's this morning and high 50's this afternoon---maybe. Friday is going to be a mess, up to 6 inches of rain expected in some areas around Austin. The funeral is about over. A great American, RIP. My hope is the coverage and the comments made about "41" will not be lost on our younger generation. IMHO it is surely the end of an era of great statesman what cared more about our country than they did about themselves. Maybe, just maybe, some of that might rub off on some in Washington. I realize how naive that may sound, but I believe that if we continue on our present path, surely we will become more and more divided and hateful toward those with whom we disagree.
    Jay

ramrocker and Fitz87gn like this.
  9. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7

The younger generation, for the most part, has been brsinwashed beyond an understanding of what Bush represented.

Fitz87gn, hotrod45 and Pull Ya like this.
  10. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Sadly I think you are right--
    Jay

Fitz87gn and huntergreen like this.