Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Plankton

Plankton Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Yep, riding in 48 degree's is a little chilly. The disc golf club I belong to gets out for a round every Sunday no matter what the weather is, and it can get pretty darn cold and with deep snow it gets even more interesting. We use 4' red ribbons taped to the center of the disc with packing tape so you can track it. Tomorrow looks like we'll be needing life rafts. lol

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    rule18, Kermudge, Pull Ya and 3 others like this.
  2. Jerrybob

Jerrybob Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    Looks like it's gonna be a nice day....blue skies....will push 60F later today. More rain coming tomorrow. Gonna play in the shop today....will see where that leads. Be careful out there....virus on the rise all over apparently. Stay well....laugh.

Three redneck friends went off a bridge in a pickup truck. Butch was driving. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. The other two were in the back.
    They drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down.

MoPowered, Kermudge, Pull Ya and 4 others like this.
  3. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    My limit is prob 40 degrees on a long ride. Way to acclimated to 100 degree heat, friggin 40, I almost need to break out the Parka. But as U know all depends upon where U R, conditions and how yer body copes.

I would rather ride MC Hot, than cold, but that be me, LOL . But I confess, once hit's 100 degrees, it is just Brutal riding on tar, stopped at lights, etc.,.

MoPowered, El Huapo, Rado and 4 others like this.
  4. Rado

Rado US NAVY VETERAN Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
    I have to agree I prefer to ride warm weather ! Freezing cold weather sucks ! But I am ok to ride in the 40's. All depends on what you wear as you know, Leather is a great wide blocker ! But I can drive my RAM in any weather and turn heat on if cold or AC on if too hot lol
    Ride Safe watch out for the other guy

5. Rado

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
    Evening all. Well dropped my son's dog off to his new place ! She was sniffing everything lol Man is the house empty with out her :( Oh yea also miss my son lol It was nice the past few months having them here !
    Got board today so I used the Hot Water extractor on the couch ! Amazing how nasty they can get ! But the dog did not mind it!
    That Bissell Green Machine works great on the carpets in the truck and car ! And if the dog has a accident makes clean up a breeze :)
    You all have a great evening Stay Safe

6. rule18

rule18 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Rebel
    Engine:
    3.6, 3.92 and a Pedal Commander
    Just back from some friends across the river from us. 44*, all shade all day in the yard. My buddy's neighbor fabbed up a huge fire pit, more like a cauldron. It was iron, so once the heat got into it it never left.

Hope y'all have a good night!

7. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    OH YEAH: Nothing like riding below freezing, and U got more than a 5 mile trip, and when U go to get off the ride U R so cold and frozen, U R like frozen in place the same shape like U were riding on the MC, that be fun, not............ And of course the other extreme. When it gets 100 and plus here, if U looking for a portable sauna, ride yer ride in town on concrete/tar and make sure U stop at every light. May be a new way to lose weight Hee Hee .....

Yessum, I have a good "Joe Rocket" with 3 layers for coldness on the MC. And of course, senor, I can also drive my RAM with all those modern amenities like heat and AC. Now, I am just trying to figure out, with all dem water line port holes U fabricated into yer truck, how do you stay Warm/Cool and dry?????? LMAO............... :anitoof:

Have a Great Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADDED: U R lucky family close, as I know U know, enjoy em and spoil em... U could get U a doggie too, U know, one U can enjoy and pull around and not need yer Bissell, LOL... Could not help it, hee hee, had to scratch my head to remember those toys, hee hee.

dog.JPG

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 7:28 AM
  8. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hmmmm, accross da River? Vermont??? Connecticut ??? :Big Laugh:. I actually still have a shortie parka in my closet from my Upstate NY days freezing the backside off walking a flightline near the banks of Lake Champlain, those were the days... If U ever get up there, see if ne of my frozen off parts still on the flightline (Plattsburgh), danke.........

9. Rado

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
    T Bird When I got good riding gear that made a big difference ! Plus I look good in Leather lol well maybe not lol.. I got a Gen Ex Rain suit and man that was great ! I had a few Joe Rocket riding jackets and always tried to keep some woollies /Spare socks etc.in the saddlebags :O

10. Kermudge

Kermudge U.S. Navy Retired 68-95 Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7, 3:92 Gears. LSD, 8 speed.
    Woke up this morning to 34 deg F. And snow. Brrrrrr

MoPowered, Pull Ya, hotrod45 and 4 others like this.