Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. El Huapo

El Huapo Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
    Engine:
    V6 flex
    In the days of long ago when I rode motorcycles, on cold days I found that nylon gear over a wool sweater on top, plus the same type of nylon pants over jeans over long john bottoms worked very well to stay warm.
    I hung with a couple of hard-core racing types who got me converted for staying warm and partly because they swore (allegedly from experience) that if you went down, nylon would slide but leather would "catch" on pavement. They made the point that it's better to slide than to tumble if you go down.
    I did wear the nylon windbreaker gear but didn't care to test the last part of that theory.

MoPowered, Pull Ya, Kermudge and 4 others like this.
  2. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Staff Member Super Moderator Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Happy Sunday everyone---LOL

A 10-year Old Irish boy stands crying at the side of the road. A man
    passing by asks 'What's wrong, lad?' The boy says 'Me ma died this
    morning.' 'Oh bejaysus,' The man says. 'Do you want me to call Father
    O'Riley for you?' The boy replies, 'No tanks mister, sex is the last
    thing on my mind at the moment.'

No offense intended

Jay

MoPowered, Kermudge, Ole man and 4 others like this.
  3. Jerrybob

Jerrybob Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    Rain and some light wind....will be pushin 60F later today....more shop time today.....cleaned up some 19th century leather tools yesterday and a very old cow bell.....gonna work on some hames today. Hope all is well.....enjoy your Sunday.

The nun teaching Sunday School was speaking to her class one morning and she asked the question: "When you die and go to Heaven... which part of your body goes first?"
    Suzy raised her hand and said "I think it's your hands.” "Why do you think it's your hands, Suzy?" Suzy replied "Because when you pray, you hold your hands together in front of you and God just takes your hands first.” “What a wonderful answer!" the nun said.

Little Johnny raised his hand and said "Sister, I think it's your feet.” The nun looked at him with the strangest look on her face. "Now Johnny, why do you think it would be your feet?" Little Johnny said "Well, I walked into mommy and daddy’s bedroom the other night. Mommy had her legs straight up in the air and she was saying ‘Oh God, I'm coming.’ I gotta tell you, if dad hadn't pinned her down, we'd have lost her!"

MoPowered, El Huapo, Kermudge and 2 others like this.
  4. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I really try to stay outta the monsoons and frozen tundra, if possible. One evening, way back when, in TX, my Blazer was down. Rode the Yamaha to work. In morning got off,. had frozen sleet rain. It took forever just to warm up MC enuf so it would run (ice covered). NOW that was not pleasant.

My Joe Rocket actually has 4 layers, that last layer I not put in, but have an all wool zip up lining, that I use if that cold. BUT I really try not to ride when dat cold. JUST not fun. I ride to enjoy and chill (no pun intended). I let all dem crotch rocket idjuts (IMHO), haul past, weaving, etc, etc.,, I set the cruise to 75 and put on the radio, all good in BOIRD LAND, hee hee.

MoPowered, Rado, El Huapo and 5 others like this.
  5. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    SIR, in the esteemed annuals of history: "U can keep dat chit and shovel it". Supposed to hit 90 today, AC be a running, hee hee.

MoPowered, El Huapo, hotrod45 and 3 others like this.
  6. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Oh NO, road rash does not discriminate. I flipped my Suzuki when I was a kid at 60 MPH, dat was not fun.....

ADDED: All critters fed and I did pop tarts and a cup of JOE. Today be like clean inside today: U know: Laundry, wash bed stuff, sweep, etc etc etc... Plus Football, so gonna be a Full Day.....

ADDED ADDED: Ordered some more 5.56 ammo from Fin Feathers in Maine. Comes out to $.75 a round. Lil expensive, but that will put me where I want to be ref ammo for my rifle.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 1:16 PM
    MoPowered, El Huapo, Kermudge and 3 others like this.
  7. Fitz-0518

Fitz-0518 Veteran 66-68 Military

Ram Year:
    2018 2500. 2018 1500
    Engine:
    6.4 3.6
    Morning folks. Summer hanging on in Central Ca this year. Some days we are getting up to 92* Ready for cold and rain. Well our bath remodel job kicked off on 10-12. Started with the guest bath. Expect to finish tile, granite and fixtures on 10-20. Replacing 4x4 white subway contractor tile with 8x12 plank tile. Master bath will take 2 weeks before we back to normal. Two good size local get out and vote Trump Rally's last week. Transplants from Bay Area considered them public nuisance and a front to the community.
    Replaced the Firestone 275x70R at 21,000 miles with Michelin 275/65R18 LTX M/S. Nice difference. Wider tread for towing and softer ride. Got the TPMS system reprogrammed. Set the low pressure alert at 30 front and 40 back. The around town tire pressure is set at 45 front and 50 back. When towing I take it up 50/65. Our Ram 2017 and up trucks are the hardest to adjust pressure values because they added the security gate. But, got the pin from the dealer and our tech got it done. Wanted steel stems but,,,,,compatible steel stems are not available for the TPMS sensors. So parts and labor $1500. But, she and her horse will be safe and comfortable.
    Looks like I may have a esophagus tear. Going in for camera work on the 26th. Not sure what the fix is.
    Off to the horse ranch this morning. Put a new 100 gallon water tank and shut off valve in for her horse. Chlorine tablets and barley bag are not stopping the algae. Not going to let her horse drink green water. May need to increase the number of weekly tank tabs.
    Fitz

MoPowered, Pull Ya, El Huapo and 5 others like this.
  8. Tim G 2019

Tim G 2019 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    FB_IMG_1603040798595.jpg

MoPowered, Pull Ya, Jerrybob and 6 others like this.
  9. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Michelins great, I just went the Falken route as I was unable to get the Buy 3, 4th free on LTX's. Ride still comparatively smooth, just slightly more feel due to all the extra rubber on the road,. But such a better tire and safe. I run my Falkens at 42 PSI, seems to be the sweet spot for 18" rims on MY 19 1500.

Gotta keep yer Momma safe, for sure.

REF HOSSIE WATER: Until cool off, U gonna fight dat algae. I have (2) 40 gallon water buckets, that I dump every 2-4 days and scrub them out then refill. I just make sure to alternate 1 day ref the 2 buckets, so Hossie always got fresh water. I am more concerned about flies and mosquito larvae, and algae not so much cause I scrub them suckas out.

MoPowered, Pull Ya, Fitz-0518 and 5 others like this.
  10. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7