Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Heard that somewhere. You old NAVY, too stubborn, U be Good. Stay safe. Make #4 son do frequent runs to Store, Subway, Pizza Hut, wateva U have that works for U.

SERIOUS: Be safe and TC

Pull Ya, MoPowered, hotrod45 and 5 others like this.
  2. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Are U sure they entered U the correct way, lower vs upper test??? LOL ??? (Port Hole status)? :anitoof::signs8::joke::rofl:

BE safe and TC.

Pull Ya, MoPowered, Kermudge and 4 others like this.
  3. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Morning all slightly senior PPLS. NE way gotta feed kiddies and such. Noticed wall socket used for porch AC looks burnt, hmmmm, (plug end to 110 V AC burn marks too) gonna have to fine me a Circuit Breaker Finder (cannot find locally, looks like Prob a Klein tool ordered on line), and then go and change out socket. Feels like a trip to Ace Hardware to get new socket. IT is the "rectangular" one VS the standard. Always something.

NE WAY, all PPL's stay safe and warm.

DA BOIRD

Pull Ya, MoPowered, hotrod45 and 6 others like this.
  4. Jerrybob

Jerrybob Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    Gorgeous day out there....blue skies...no rain....about 45 right now...will warn to low 50's.....still lots of standing water ...a few small lakes where they ain't supposed to be....rain is expected to stay away for a few days.....hope so....we need to dry out. Shop day today.....priming the chaise. Stay well....

A woman was working at a nursing home
    One of her patients was an old man that always had a dish of almonds he would offer the staff when they came in his room.

Her and her coworkers would nibble away as they did their duties, tidying him and his room. They got to talking about why he always had almonds, and he told them his family brings them for him, but he doesn't like them.

So the woman said, well if you don't like them, you should tell them, so they stop bringing them for you! And the old man said no that's ok, I like the chocolate, just not the almonds inside.

Pull Ya, MoPowered, hotrod45 and 5 others like this.
  5. DodgeLady

DodgeLady Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 L
    We had a 20 mule team model on the shelf, too! It was there for years. My Dad built it from a kit.
    I’ll have to ask around to see if it survived my Mother’s move from her house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya, MoPowered, hotrod45 and 3 others like this.
  6. Rado

Rado US NAVY VETERAN Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
    That is cool. Mt father built it as well. That 20 Mule Team Wagon train was the only model I remember he ever made ! If I remember right the Mule Train was the opening of a Western ,but can not remember what movie :O I am thinking Raw Hide ?

7. Rado

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
    One trick I use to find the breaker is plug in a Radio and set loud enough so you can hear it at the breaker box. When sound off you have it !
    BUT a circuit tester IMO is a must have so you can double check. A cheapo at Lowes,Harbor freight work fine !
    The Outlets can be had at Lowes/Home Depot as well as a hardware store.
    If the outlet is wired corrector Black is Hot wire and goes to the brass colored screw! The Silver screw is the neutral.
    FYI that rectangular outlet can be found as a GFI as well which is highly recommended for a porch outlet or anything near water !
    Hope you do not mind my 2 cents not sure what you know about wiring and I do not want you to have a shocking experience lol

Stay Safe

8. rule18

rule18 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Rebel
    Engine:
    3.6, 3.92 and a Pedal Commander
    Sooo the obvious logical, scientific conclusion is that your soup cured them. Glad to hear the family's feeling better.

9. Tim G 2019

Tim G 2019 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    Sunny and 40 here today. Heating contractor here now cleaning my furnace ducts. When they replaced my old furnace, I saw that ducts were full of dust and crap. Glad to have all that gunk and dust mites gone. New furnace and air conditioning installed last month and so ducts clean now. Magnetic and large UV air purifiers on the new system, so I'm hoping for much better indoor air quality. If we have to be on house arrest because of the virus, might as well breathe clean air. I love the way the system clears cooking odors within minutes and continually cycles fresh air.

Great to hear all are looking like good recovery from virus. Monique's mom and dad and brother in law all got it, but they seem to be on the back side of it and getting better. Same with my niece. Was touch and go for the older folks there for awhile.

They are our family and we are close, but have had no contact with them in person since last February. Just dropped off supplies and groceries, set the stuff on porch and waved from the car. Monique's younger sister is there and taking care of them. So far, we've been very lucky. Here in Ohio, they're still trying to give vaccines to the front line medical workers, with people over 80 next. I don't think I'll be able to get mine for quite awhile yet. Monique even longer because she is still a long way from 65. We look at the isolation as a true measure of our compatibility. It's been great so far and she hasn't murdered me in my sleep (yet). We've tried to make it fun and it's awesome when there's someone who can survive that much "togetherness".

Good news is we created a game room downstairs with her air hockey table and a pool table she just ordered for me. Great beginnings of a major family room, if we are ever able to have family come over again.

Everyone please take very special care. Hope all testing is negative and all recovery stays positive!

Tim

Pull Ya, MoPowered, DodgeLady and 3 others like this.
  10. Rado

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
    Duct cleaning when done right is worth it :)
    Most also sanitize the ducts after cleaning !
    FYI I would get some Cheese cloth and cut to fit under each register ! You may be shocked how much comes out after duct cleaning, No one can get 100% Plus it is a cheap DIY. A super Cabin Air Filter for the house lol
    Enjoy the clean air , Ever think of a UV light for the furnace ? I can't remember if you and I chatted about those :O