Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    No plumbing repair parts worth a dang left in town, especially PVC. Luckily I just need some 3/4 schedule 40 pipe, a couple of elbows, a 1/2 to 3/4 take down. I had to use an elbow with 3 ports, only needed 2 so gonna plug up the one not needed. Not perfect, but not a lot of PSI, is a 1,200 gallon water tank running a gravity feed system, old pressurized tank for house. Might look a lil stupid, but will work, LOL.

Bought some Hossie feed, prices gone up 2-3 dollars a bag, shortage of stuff, yup, we all gonna feel the pain. But alas, it is what it is.

2. runamuck

runamuck Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    ya..lots of work for plumbers for a while

3. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7

there would be more help and relief if Tx was a blue state.

4. ocalapilot

ocalapilot Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 and 2004
    Engine:
    Hemi and Cummins
    Yeah... but then it would be a blue state... hmmm... might be the plan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Staff Member Super Moderator Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Good evening everyone--40's this morning 76 this afternoon. No freezing weather forecast for the next week, maybe a little rain at the end of this week. The recent couple of days with temp's in the 70's the snow has disappeared pretty quickly and things have thawed out. Most everyone has electricity restored however lots of folks still don't have water because of the large number of broken pipes. Grocery store shelves are still pretty bare with limits on a lot of items. Gas prices have gone up about .15-.20 per gallon. Finally able to walk the mutt around the loop and she seemed to enjoy being out and running in the yard after her walk. Washed and waxed the truck this afternoon, more than anything just to get out of the house and get some garage time. Relaxing--the beer might have helped-LOL. Hopefully, things will return to semi-normal by sometime next week. We were luckier than a lot of people and our hearts go out to the people that had to endure a lot more than we did. Hopefully, we all will return to "normal" soon, whatever that is these days. These are definitely trying times, but I think we all knew and expected nothing less considering------
    Jay

6. MoPowered

MoPowered Retired Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    It sucks between Covid and major bad weather emptying shelves, everyone that has been affected by the snow in the south have lost lives, belongings, pets, wildlife were killed. It’s a damned shame they didn’t limit items such as water and groceries, they did up here in NY last year when Covid first took hold. So far as being able to pick up any type of home repair items they’ll probably start price hiking that too.

El Huapo, Pull Ya, Tim G 2019 and 2 others like this.
  7. Wahrsuul

Wahrsuul Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yeah, I'm aware of the possible issues with turbos, I just thought it was interesting. Though so far, the 2.7 twin-turbo seems to be holding up well, it's only been in production/use for a couple of years. I haven't really looked at the others. I was looking at the V6 Rams, but thought it was only fair to see what the others have. Both Chevy and Ford are putting diesels in their 150/1500 now. I drove both and they were petty nice, just expensive. Just getting a little tired of the 15 mpg (14.5 at the fill up this morning) for something of a daily driver. And yes, I'm aware it's a truck, but that doesn't mean I can't try to get the best I can out of it.

Never did get to work on that system in FL, it's still off as of this morning. Guess we'll see what fun things they find for me to do today.

[​IMG]

Out Here

El Huapo, MoPowered, Pull Ya and 5 others like this.
  8. HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN Senior Member Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
    Engine:
    6.4L HEMI
    Calendar-challenged peeps: it's not difficult to see why older folks mostly die up here during winters. 61 degree temperature swings are really hard on the body. Maybe that's how nature intended?

9. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 eTorque
    We have soared into the mid-30s here. I'm watching the 3" or so of snow that fell yesterday shrink to about half its volume so far. We're supposed to see 40s for a couple days, too. With March less than a week away, I can already feel my attitude changing. Any inclement weather that comes along now is just a little speed bump in the path to Spring. March can be quite snowy, too, but there aren't that many days left between now and some warmer weather.:favorites13: My truck is 22 months old now and we haven't yet gotten to 7k. Close, though.:)
    The roof over the office part of the house just unloaded what was left of previous snowstorms, about 8" or so, and that got the dog on high alert. I must say that it got all of my attention, too. The shrubs are taking a beating this winter. I'm not sure how they're going to look when Spring gets here. I'll have to figure that issue out as it unfolds. We're down to about a week before our appointment for the vaccine comes around. I hope the weather isn't too bad, but power windows in the truck are likely going to be a real blessing. Have a good 'un, everybody!:Caffeine:

10. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    DANG thing leaking past cut off valve. 3/4 PVC into metal valve. I doped it up, still not seal. SO, all You Plumbing PPLS: Do I dope up PVC to metal, or just put in no pipe dope.