Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. MoPowered

MoPowered Retired Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    My Grandfather who was a major influence in my early years and still plays out in my mind about making sound decisions gave me a 1 dollar bill and told me if I kept in in safe space in my wallet “that he gave “ and never spent it I would never be broke, but spend the money you do have, enjoy life as much as you can because you can’t take it with you..
    I still have that dollar today. It’s from 1972 when I was 7 and had just finished mowing the grass for him. I’ve always followed that advice because the Man was a wonder to me, quiet most times, loved a good laugh and he could walk on any lawn anywhere and reach down and find a 4 Leaf Clover within minutes. He found multiple Leaf Clover's, 4, 5, 6, and the largest he found was an 8 Leaf so I figured as a young man if he was able to do that he must know what he was talking about.
    As I get older I realize how much wisdom our Grandparent’s and Parent’s had and passed down to us and I can only hope that i’ve met with their expectation’s.
    They were the Generation’s that saw the Industrial Revolution, The Great War, The Depression, The Dustbowl, Prohibition, WWII, Korea, Vietnam Nam and saw us through excesses of our childhood.

Pull Ya, Ole man, DodgeLady and 6 others like this.
  2. NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR Senior Member Supporting Member TOTM Winner

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I've carried an 1882 Morgan silver dollar since my Grandma gave each of us one (I was 6yrs old)
    It's always in the watch pocket of my jeans.

Oddly, it's from Holland. Grandpa was a merchant marine, and each trip to America he'd get silver dollars to bring home to Amsterdam.
    When they came here to live (my dad was 8) she set aside dollars for future generations.

Every time I polish it, I'm singing in my head:
    I've got one more silver dollar....:)

Pull Ya, Ole man, DodgeLady and 7 others like this.
  3. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Is U talking House Insurance or Taxes???

Gotta be the taxes. I got a friend in Farmingdale, taxes bout $9K a year. My son paying over 8K. Me thinks $1,600 enuf for here. But my kid makes over 100K and I got 40K coming in, all the same from the wash, LMAO...

U pay that money for the privilege's of living in North NJ, LOL...

4. Wahrsuul

Wahrsuul Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Odd, the local Dodge/Ram dealer here is loaded. Looking at their website, they list 65 1500s and over 100 1500 classics. They have two separate lots/dealerships but the same owner and website. When I was looking at the Fords, they seemed to have plenty of them on the lot.

The kids down in FL just did the same thing - bought a 2021 Laramie for their business. Not sure how they're affording it, but it's not me paying it so.... Still, it's one of the reasons I haven't bought a new one myself - haven't found anything I like enough to pay for. Big Yella is paid for - sure it needs some work to be prettier, but nothing is needed. Still having trouble getting that damn gear oil out of the carpet though.....

My dad used to get the $20K oil change we called it - he'd go to the dealer to get it serviced, start looking at new ones and decide he liked those better and trade in for one.

House taxes are pretty cheap here - I think it's around $700/year. Depends on the neighborhood obviously, but still WAY better than when I lived in Omaha. Between the weather and taxes/COL I'm not understanding the attraction.

The A/C is out upstairs here and I'm given to understand it's likely to be out for a couple weeks. The whining has begun in several places near to me, but as far as I'm concerned it's just not that bad.

Anyway, time to get going. I've been working an issue while writing this and it's not going well. Time to focus. Which sounds like hocus pocus, and I really like....sorry, ADD kicked in for a moment.

Out Here

Pull Ya, Ole man, MoPowered and 5 others like this.
  5. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Morning all slightly senior PPLS. Hope all are safe and warm and have a better day. All PPL should stay safe and informed ref COVID shots, Public Encounters.

Pull Ya, MoPowered, DodgeLady and 2 others like this.
  6. Tim G 2019

Tim G 2019 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    Good morning all. Hope everybody is doing well. All the new truck talk makes me want to look around. We seem to have pretty good supply of Ram trucks around here but I did notice the Ford dealer didn't have many trucks.

Been rainy and in the 60s here, so had to switch back to playing pool instead of golf. Somehow, that doesn't feel much like a sacrifice lol.

My Dad collected coins as a hobby for most of his life and ran across some unusual pieces. About 20 years after he retired, he talked with me about those coins and said he was going to leave them to me in his will. I told him to come with me to an appraiser and we got that done. Then I told him to sell them and enjoy the money to do something he and Mom would enjoy. They did that. Went to Hawaii, Florida, the Bahamas and other places. Like someone's said - you can't take it with you. I'd love to have those coins now, but I got much more pleasure out of seeing my folks enjoy their later years with a windfall they didn't realize they had.

Well, I got the flower beds prepared and Monique is beginning to put up her plants. It's still a week or two early and we'll have to bring them in at night occasionally. Going down into the 30s Thursday night and again Saturday night. It was 84 last Sunday, so springtime in NE Ohio. It'll be a PITA for a couple weeks. I love that this simple hobby gives her so much pure joy. It's fun to see them start so small, then grow out so big as she raises them.

Everyone please take very special care.

Tim

IMG_20210504_102529245_HDR.jpg

Pull Ya, MoPowered, mdricko and 6 others like this.
  7. Jerrybob

Jerrybob Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    A little grey out there...will burn off...will be in mid 60's today. So thankful we don't owe a penny to anyone......have been that way for 30 years.....we did well....never lived high off the hog....did everything we wanted....still do.....life is good. Stay well folks....

This guy was down on his luck...
    He lost his job and was really in debt, so he decided to end it all. He went to a bridge outside town and was ready to jump, when out of the gathering fog he saw a figure coming slowly toward him. It was the ugliest woman he’d ever seen and she was wearing a conical hat.

“Who the hell are you?” he asked.

“I’m a witch,” she said. “And I have magic powers. I’ll make you a deal. If you make love to me for twenty-four hours, I’ll cast a spell on every one you owe money to. I’ll cast a spell on your boss. I’ll make your life good again with my powers.”

He looked at her again. She was really ugly and he didn’t want to cheat on his wife, but he figured he had nothing to lose since he was going to kill himself. So they went to a local motel and, ugly as she was, they made love all day and all night.

The next morning when he got up, he looked over at her. She was still ugly. She looked at him and asked, “How old are you?”

“I’m forty-five,” he answered.

She looked at him and said, “Aren’t you a little old to believe in witches?”

Pull Ya, Ole man, MoPowered and 5 others like this.
  8. Tim G 2019

Tim G 2019 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    And the back patio all ready for Monique's hanging baskets. Hostas are perking up and making it feel like spring.

IMG_20210504_130923959.jpg

Pull Ya, Ramm5.7, Ole man and 4 others like this.
  9. GTyankee

GTyankee Senior Member Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 ecodiesel
    My dealership shows lots of Rams on the website, But when i look at the images, it reads IN TRANSIT

Which does not always mean that those Rams are on a train or truck.
    I would bet some of them have been ordered, but they are still in the Paper Stages

Pull Ya, MoPowered, Kermudge and 4 others like this.
  10. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7

I have a great response to the tax cost, but don't want to arouse the ire of the PC monitors.