Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Birdman, hope all goes well with the VA. We are getting a bit of rain here also. Local flood warnings still poping up.

2. w6pea

w6pea U.S.Marine Corps Veteran Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    2016 Ram 2500 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Laramie"
    Engine:
    6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    My Dad bought a 1965 Shelby American GT350 White with a Blue Racing stripe I took my drivers Lic test in it. In Pomona Ca. Don't know what ever happened to that car. After my Dad died in 1984 his wife the Whicked Witch of the North I believe she gave it to my step sister and I believe she (step sister) sold it, to a collector for an obscene amount of money about 5 times what my Father paid for it from Shelby American. I had a 1964 Plymouth Fury with a 383 in it. I got more speeding tickets in that thing I couldn't afford insurance much less gasoline even with gas being less than a dollar a gal.

Went out on Disability retirement in 2004 after getting injured in 1998 from the DOD.

Fitz-0518, huntergreen, Rado and 2 others like this.
  3. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Morning guys ! Still a bit cold for this time of year, but the sun is out. Off to walk the pup. Hope all are well.

Hot rod, how is your dog this morning ?

Rado, Pull Ya and hotrod45 like this.
  4. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 eTorque
    Good Mornin', Gents!
    High 40s and little bursts of sunshine now and then. The heating season continues. Working on #2 mug of joe. Have a good day, everybody!:D

edit: dog is a little off, but part of it is self-inflicted. When she goes out first thing in the morning, there are places to check out, places to run, etc. Then she comes in and figures out that there is a problem with eating anything because she didn't take care of business when she was out. Then she fusses while I eat my breakfast and then finally we go out again. She's a nut case.

5. Ramit355

Ramit355 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
    Engine:
    Hey Good mornin yall! Ran in to an issue some on here may know what I could do to solve with the Ram and the garage door openers. Factory garage door opener not working when you have garage LED overhead Lights on? If my LED overhead lights are on in the garage the door opener in the truck will not open the electric garage doors. But when the lights in the garage are off, the doors open perfectly. So annoying. Many people who work with electric tell me its frequencies of the overhead lights interfering with door openers in the Truck but no solution.My garage door opener's are both late model Chamberlin's. Went to Chamberlin web site but no information found. Emailed Chamberlins but no response at all.

The light fixtures are fairly new purchased them from power company. They are 10 foot each double rowed small LED light bulbs inside the enclosed clear Plastic fixtures there is 8 of them total. When the lights are off the garage door works fine when on will not respond.

******However I have one single LED bulb in the Garage door opener light fixture on chamberlins motors and they work with no issues at all. The 2014 Ram I had before this 2019 worked just fine with the overhead lights on but the 19 will not. Fixtures are about two years old and replaced the Florescent light fixtures I used to have in there.******

6. w6pea

w6pea U.S.Marine Corps Veteran Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    2016 Ram 2500 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Laramie"
    Engine:
    6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    Good morning. Go back to the dentist today, get my partial fixed. Seems like every time I go all he wants to do is pul teeth and make new partial Have to drive my wife Jeep Grand Cherokee my Ram 2500 Laramie IL6 6.7L CTD will fit in his parking lot but you can't turn around in the lot LOL 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 IMG_0606.JPG

Ramit355, Pull Ya, Rado and 2 others like this.
  7. Fitz-0518

Fitz-0518 Veteran 66-68 Military

Ram Year:
    2003 1500 & 2018 2500
    Engine:
    5.7 & 6.4
    I had the same problem with my Chamberlin/Liftmaster openers. They older ones will not tolerate LED lights. The circuit in the light interferes with the open close signal. Put in fluorescent and have no issue.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Ramit355, Pull Ya, Rado and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Good morning everyone--69 this morning on the way to the upper 80's this afternoon. Took time out this morning to mow the yard, however it will be back to the garage in a little while to continue the truck clean up. Maybe after today I will be able to finish tomorrow if I put a little more effort in it. Hotrod-glad the dog is doing OK. Ramit--no idea about your door opener--I've never, in all the Rams I've owned, been able to successfully program those damn openers. I just gave up and use the opener that came with the garage door. It appears our group is starting to grow a little. Welcome to all the newcomers, we're glad to have you here in our "senior safe place". Hope you all enjoy your stay. Well the mutt is looking at the door so I guess that's my clue that the stroll is about to begin. Everyone have a great Wednesday!!!!
    Jay

Ramit355, huntergreen, Rado and 2 others like this.
  9. Fitz-0518

Fitz-0518 Veteran 66-68 Military

Ram Year:
    2003 1500 & 2018 2500
    Engine:
    5.7 & 6.4
    Morning Gents. Off to ranch to check on wife's horse and finish a repair on her trailer. Overcast and ready for rain. BTW this has been a good week to add to our investments. Had some cash sitting on the side. Added to our Blue Chip mutual fund. One more cup of coffee and we should be ready. Enjoy your day guys.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Pull Ya, huntergreen and hotrod45 like this.
  10. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 eTorque
    I'm not familiar with the openers, but is there a distinct receiving antenna? I'd try finding the wire to that antenna and then put a ferrite bead or two around it. It would help to know the frequency range of the opener to help select the ferrite material. I'd start with that. There's not likely an easy way to stop the light fixtures from emitting a signal. However, in this day of automatic and remote stuff, I'd expect that you could get a control for the lights that would work from the truck, so you could shut off the lights from the truck, open the door, and turn the lights back on. $0.02.

Ramit355 and Pull Ya like this.