Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    I remember the wolfman. Became nationally known after appearing in American Grafitti movie. We had Cousin Brucie on 77 NBC.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. Ole man

Ole man Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Beware of most any old man, time makes them gritty or cover with six feet of grit.
    Mo

3. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,pending bed lining
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Heck of a thought but alas, U be a Marine,., way above my paygrade..............:idiot:

Pull Ya, ETX Ram, hotrod45 and 2 others like this.
  4. Barney556180

Barney556180 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 ltr V-6
    Wolfmam Jack was a top radio personality on the military AFRTS back in the early 70’s. In his weekday shows he constantly pushed the bounds of what was deemed appropriate on overseas military stations: And the young Vietnam era troops loved it.

The wolfman ran into a lot of issues getting his master tapes in on time, and was finally canceled for not allowing for (ahem) proper editorial oversight. In fact several programs went missing from distribution because of late submissions before they finally pulled the plug.

I was an AF broadcaster stationed in Turkey when it all went down.

5. ETX Ram

ETX Ram US NAVY VETERAN Military

Ram Year:
    2018 Longhorn Southfork Edition
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    Howdy there all you slightly Sr Rammers. Only 69° here this morning, but 94% humidity and looking at a expected high of 94°. Gonna try to get the filthy truck cleaned up this morning. Gonna be interesting trying to dry it back off again. Hope everyone has a great day. Oh and seeing some more newcomers to our wisened group here. Welcome guys and the the occasional gal!

6. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 eTorque
    Good Mornin'!
    It's a bit warmer this morning than it has been for a while and it's a little on the humid side. Forecast is for 80F today before we go back to more typical temps and start to get dried out again. I changed the fuel oil filter for the furnace yesterday and tested the burner. No fire. There's an oil delay valve that is highly suspect, but whether it's a wiring issue, the timer circuit, or the valve itself remains to be seen. Most common failure is the timer/coil. I keep a new valve assembly on hand, so it's a matter of just how much work is involved. The timer/coil is pretty fast and simple. "There's always something" isn't just a catch phrase. I'll get to it in a bit. In the meantime, I'm working on #2 mug of joe.

Pull Ya, Fitz-0518 and ETX Ram like this.
  7. ETX Ram

ETX Ram US NAVY VETERAN Military

Ram Year:
    2018 Longhorn Southfork Edition
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    Morning there Hotrod. Gotta give you kudos on doing your due diligence on your furnace ahead of time. Thought just came to mind (sorta hurt this early in the day LOL), how is it us old farts always seem to get our projects knocked out well ahead of time instead of putting things off until the very last minute? Still have the phrase Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance deeply ingrained into my head from my days in the Navy. Thankful for it too!

ADDED: Hope all you slightly Sr Rammers have a great morning and your preferred wakeup beverage on my dime. Downing second cup of coffee here and headed to pour my 3rd of the morning on my way out to start drying the truck.
    Lee

Fitz-0518 and hotrod45 like this.
  8. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 eTorque
    Thanks, Lee, but I'm not as ahead of things as it might appear from warmer places. The arrival of a very chilly morning here is imminent. Still, it's much more pleasant working on that furnace while it's still warm indoors and out than it is when it feels cold and damp, as if the heat should already be on.

Pull Ya, huntergreen and ETX Ram like this.
  9. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,pending bed lining
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    OMG, U gonna freeze. Maybe start U a lil fire on LR floor??? (Joke/sic) (Good luck on that repair) :33:

ADDED: All critters fed and I had a sandmich and a cup of JOE. Since good possibility of rain, my roofer had to be put off till tomorrow. Not need Garage roof off and have rain. Not good for the inside of the garage, LOL, especially HAY...

All be safe and have a Great Day !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. turkeybird56

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

"Space Heater"" ??? LOL. I still have a lil floor unit that I used in the early 70's when working on vehicle in garage in NJ on the ole concrete floor in JAN.

All sincerity, with yer talent, I know U get that stuff squared away pronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ref all stuff done on time as ETX related, I find that now being "retired" and all that time and my monster list to do, I do not always get stuff done fast. Guess w/o the time pressure on me to get things done, I think bout it too much. I always do better when under the gun. ONE of the curses being retired.....

Pull Ya, hotrod45 and ETX Ram like this.