Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Ole man

Ole man Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Everyday is a gift to be thankful for. There are no bad days just our perception of them. There is something good in the worst of days.
    Ole man

w6pea, hotrod45, Ramm5.7 and 6 others like this.
  2. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,pending bed lining
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    w6pea, Rado, ETX Ram and 5 others like this.
  3. Fitz-0518

Fitz-0518 Veteran 66-68 Military

Ram Year:
    2003 1500 & 2018 2500
    Engine:
    5.7 & 6.4
    Morning Lady and Gents. 40* at night and 85* during the day. Crazy. DL, the more I think about your truck the more convinced I am that it is axle bearings or hub bearings. The up and down whine is typical for those rotating parts.
    Need to change the oil and filter in the 2018 1500. 500 miles, get the factory 5-20 out and Penz 5-30 in.
    Need to help our neighbor today with the set up for Saturday Veterans day BBQ. Mostly post Vietnam Vets now. Always a great event. At his home. He host the spread. BUT,,,have to get past the who is not here, this year part.
    Well warm enough to pick up the wrenches. Hmmmmm tool warmer winter project for old guys with arthritis. May go with Tbird and get a PT job. Fitz

w6pea, Rado, ETX Ram and 6 others like this.
  4. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,pending bed lining
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Really gotta be there and sit in truck and listen. My thought is tires or something drive train in the rear, spline in rear maybe?? Gotta be something in that area, but all IMHO.... I's just a Boird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPPOSED to get warm enuf for a MC ride Saturday, before Bottom falls out and friggin cold, freezing and rain early next week.......

w6pea, Rado, ETX Ram and 6 others like this.
  5. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Good morning everyone--44 this morning and rainy again. On the way up to the low 50's this afternoon. Maybe we'll do the stroll later today when it is a little warmer and the rain stops. It's even to chilly this morning to drink coffee on the porch. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the middle 60's so a little relief is on the way. There is going to be a car show and drag race on Saturday just north of San Antonio which looks kinda interesting, I might run down there to take a look, depending on the weather. There is also a large car show here in town on Saturday along with a small parade honoring our veterans. They usually have 100-200 car participate. The participation rate has been dropping during the last few years as there has been some glaring irregularities in the judging process. It's kind of a shame, because there have been some really nice cars that don't participate any more. I see by the pictures posted that some of you are starting to experience the start of winter. Love seeing the pictures, however I think I'll pass on experiencing it first hand. Hopefully I have shoveled my last shovel full of snow years ago. I keep thinking the reason some Texans love snow so much is because they know they have a warm place to come home too. Oh well-back for another cup---Have a great Friday everyone!!!!!
    Jay

w6pea, Rado, ETX Ram and 7 others like this.
  6. Fitz-0518

Fitz-0518 Veteran 66-68 Military

Ram Year:
    2003 1500 & 2018 2500
    Engine:
    5.7 & 6.4
    Too cold for coffee on the porch?? that is depressing. I have this picture in my mind of you sitting on your comfortable porch at the ranch looking out at the world smiling.

7. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    ^^^^ As often as I can. Watching everyone else in the neighborhood going to work and chuckling to myself.
    Jay

8. DodgeLady

DodgeLady Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 L
    Happy 1 week old to sweet baby James McBroom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w6pea, Rado, ETX Ram and 5 others like this.
  9. DodgeLady

DodgeLady Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 L
    Dodge update. I didn’t have any help today so I started looking at the parking brake cable. I read something on a forum that seemed to imply that the parking brake “lever” could stick and cause noise- and my brake cable seemed to be hanging lower than I remembered it so I was curious.
    There is a bracket toward the back of the vehicle that had two bolts holding it onto the frame. This bracket was loose and one nut missing, the other nut was very loose. The bolts were very inconveniently welded to the bracket with the nuts all but inaccessible with the gas tank in place.
    I felt victorious because I did get two nuts on there and tightened- but I worked on it several hours off and on.
    I even had hope at one point that it would fix my whine... but no. I did notice though that when i pushed the loose bracket into position I could hear a little bitty squeak in the wheel...
    I thought this might lead somewhere because I realized that the first time I had activated the parking brake in 20 years was when we did the fuel pump.
    I did not remove the wheel hub yet to look at this parking brake “lever” they were saying can sometimes get stuck.

I did attach an old phone to the cab right above the cab/bed crack. Could hear the whine. Then I connected the pHone on the frame near the parking brake cable/ left rear. I could hear the whine but not really conclusive if it was worse there or not. Lots of noise under there!

I’m exhausted.... Good night everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Rado

Rado US NAVY VETERAN Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
    WOW you are determined to get that whine hunted down lol As I have said before I am just fascinated by people like you who have the skills to do things like this :) My skill on fixing a truck/car are using the phone to call my mechanic lol Thanks for the updates and great reading , to me just plain awesome !!!