Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Senior citizen club

Discussion in 'Ram Clubs' started by Pull Ya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Tim G 2019

Tim G 2019 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    Definitely has a small smile. Nothing is more healing than unconditional love. Every dog loves unconditionally, so that picture speaks volumes from both sides. So moving and powerful. Thanks for sharing this. We are more convinced than ever that Rebekah will surprise and impress a lot of folks. She has captured our hearts. Take very special care.

Tim

2. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Dodge girl, hang in there. Slow and steady progress. She is improving much faster than I would have thought based on your posts. On my phone so pic is to small to see a smile.

3. Ole man

Ole man Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    No doubt in my mind that dear Rebekah is smiling. The dog is loving her on a level that doesn’t rely on words.
    Thank you for the photo DodgeLady.
    Ole man

Tim G 2019, Pull Ya, hotrod45 and 2 others like this.
  4. DodgeLady

DodgeLady Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 L
    I love our little group here so much. You are each a very special part of what we share here. You all always know the right things to say. I’m grateful I have this group and each one of you. Thank you all.
    Do any of you ever try to tell anyone about our little group? I used to try but i can tell they don’t get it...so I don’t mention it too much any more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Fitz-0518

Fitz-0518 Veteran 66-68 Military

Ram Year:
    2018 2500. 2018 1500
    Engine:
    6.4 3.6
    Never. But what an interesting question. It is a "can't sleep night" at 1:00AM. Now that you have me thinking about it,,,,my granddaughter and my wife know that this is a special part/interest in my life. Really don't know what it is. I do not Twitter or Facebook. I refuse to give the personal information they demand. My observation and POV,,,,too many self absorbed, unaware nonsense thinkers. But my world and the people in it at home, are sure not perfect. Some of my Outlaw Tavern and VFW friends would not be welcome at your home. Hell, a few are not allowed in my garage. But,,,they are my friends. They would never understand or be able to relate to this special group of people or the bond and trust that we share. Great question DL. I will tell you, I am looking forward to telling the person who started this, thank you.

Tim G 2019, Pull Ya, w6pea and 4 others like this.
  6. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Mornin all, heading to upper 40s today. After today winter returns and we expect a snowstorm on Sat. Making a quick run to the dump and then walk the pup.

7. Ole man

Ole man Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I have mentioned our little group to family and friends but like you said they just can’t grasp that our far flung diverse group are a family of sorts. By and large we have several things in common other than our trucks. Most of us are veterans, there is the senior bond and everyone has an affection for their their truck. I don’t think there is a member that wouldn’t be welcome in my home from what I know of them from this forum.
    I wonder if Jay had any idea what he was launching when he started this. Chime in Jay, I know you are reading this.
    Ole man

8. hotrod45

hotrod45 US Army Veteran Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 eTorque
    Good Mornin'!
    41F and cloudy, but it looks like the sun is trying to break through. In the photo of Rebekah & company, it looks to me as if the woman standing is speaking, maybe to or about the dog and both the dog and Rebekah are interacting with what is being said. A very happy scene, indeed. As far as our "family" is concerned, we come here wanting to show kindness rather than showing up with a chip on our shoulder. It's not necessary to tell all you know and neither is it necessary to say everything you think. It's all right if someone else gets the attention. I don't see anyone acting otherwise, yet I haven't seen anything that sets up any sort of standard. We are our own standard, I guess. We just do it. Maturity has its own rewards. Sitting here enjoying the morning with the dog and the almost ever-handy mug of joe. Hope you all are enjoying the day, too.:D

9. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Looking good, great to see, now just keep working on dat Recovery, GOOD LUCK on all this DL, Best Wishes

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Tim G 2019, hotrod45, Pull Ya and 2 others like this.
  10. turkeybird56

turkeybird56 Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

A lot of "slightly" senior PPL here, who have a multitude of life experiences and such, and many may have been in yer position, whether it be a family member, whomever. All I will say is I 150% know where U R do to the circumstances with my deceased wife. Got U and wish U DL all the best and best wishes for yer NIECE.

Tim G 2019, hotrod45, Pull Ya and 3 others like this.