Service 4WD light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duckfork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi with electric shift on the fly four wheel drive. The switch on the dash has two positions, 4wd and 4wd low. It also has a neutral button so you can tow the truck safely. I was towing my boat home from the lake a few months ago, when the service 4wd light came on. It stayed on for about 10 minutes and then went away. I drive my truck daily it didn’t come back on for a couple of days. In the beginning it would come on randomly but know it’s every day. So I did some research online and started switching out parts. I did front wheel bearings w/wheel sensors, transfer case shift motor, 4wd switch on the dash, TIPM, and looked over the wiring. Shifts into 4wd by itself going down the road, sitting in the the driveway with no key on. Sometimes 4wd lights on dash are blinking, sometimes when it’s in 4wd it doesn’t show lights on dash. HELP!

Buckshot47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have this exact problem on 6.7l
I’m scared to plug in the f transfer case because I’ve had it switch on the fly while spinning tires in mud and it was violent
I’m not sure what else to check