Service 4x4 light after replacing 4x4 actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hi All,
Pick the truck up for hauling cow trailers and general farm use slowly working problems out and making repairs as I go. The truck had a couple of issues that I've thrown some parts at and now ha a different result than what was going on at first but still not working correctly. When I first got the truck if you shifted it in to 4x4 the dash would do strange things especially the gear selection part. The gear selection indicator is a square around the selected transmission function (P N R D) when you would shift into 4x4 it light squares up on every function at one time the 4x4 light would blink for a few seconds and then throw a service 4x4 light while that was going on you could hear the actuator making noise. Since I replaced the actuator it all I get is service 4x4 light but noise from the actuator and nothing goes haywire on the dash. I have also replaced the TIPM and that solved a problem with the windshield washer pump that would give me the same result on the dash when you tried to was the windshield. The other electrical problem I'm having is that the turbo break sporadically. But I think that might be an actuator problem on the turbo it seems to work when the engine cool but not after it gets to operating temperature. Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Tkdvrman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Change the actuator on the front rear end not the one on transfer case that should fix your problem. The part cost $133.62 from my local Carquest dealer and 5 minutes to change.