Service air suspension system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arena30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So I just had this light come on and I can’t get it to go off or will my air suspension work. Anybody have this trouble if so, how did you fix it?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I just had this light come on and I can’t get it to go off or will my air suspension work. Anybody have this trouble if so, how did you fix it?
You are going to need a scan tool to diagnose this issue. I wouldn't throw parts at it and waste my money.

There are a couple of main things that can be an issue from a failed controller, compressor or airbag. Give your air suspension a good visual inspection. Look at the compressor, air lines, air bags and links. Then inspect all electrical connectors.

If you don't see any visual issues then get the truck to a good mechanic with the proper tools.

OP
OP
Arena30

Arena30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just fixed it, I pulled the fuse, which was still good and put it back in and now it works. Thanks for the advice fast69mopar though. I’ll keep that in mind if it does it again and I can’t fix it.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Blowing fuses is not uncommon. Especially in colder climates. Having a good fuse with a bad connection in a factory fuse Block is pretty unusual unless moisture has been getting in there.

michelexoxo4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I have been dealing with a dealer since February on Air Suspension issue. It get's stuck in Aero Mode - when slowing down or at a stop sign it won't lower to normal ride height. Get an error to "service air suspension immediately". You have to shut the truck off and turn it back on to get it to lower. I can raise and lower it using the buttons inside the truck so I know the compressor is working. Dealer stated it was a sensor $300. Didn't fix it. Stated it was the other sensor $300. Didn't fix it. Put on a new compressor at $900 said it wasn't inflating the air bags properly. Didn't fix it. Now the compressor runs continuously and has an air overflow that you can hear let air out. It also is riding so low on the bump stops. I am not paying them $2,000 for parts that did not fix the "aero mode" issue. Has anyone ran into this? They are trying to figure out what they should do next. I couldn't be more frustrated. Anyone have any advice for me?

Attachments

• IMG_2984.jpg
    IMG_2984.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 6

marine6212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pull the codes and get a system diagram so that you can properly trouble shoot the issue. Need to get readings on the sensors and wires and fuse block.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I have been dealing with a dealer since February on Air Suspension issue. It get's stuck in Aero Mode - when slowing down or at a stop sign it won't lower to normal ride height. Get an error to "service air suspension immediately". You have to shut the truck off and turn it back on to get it to lower. I can raise and lower it using the buttons inside the truck so I know the compressor is working. Dealer stated it was a sensor $300. Didn't fix it. Stated it was the other sensor $300. Didn't fix it. Put on a new compressor at $900 said it wasn't inflating the air bags properly. Didn't fix it. Now the compressor runs continuously and has an air overflow that you can hear let air out. It also is riding so low on the bump stops. I am not paying them $2,000 for parts that did not fix the "aero mode" issue. Has anyone ran into this? They are trying to figure out what they should do next. I couldn't be more frustrated. Anyone have any advice for me?
Not trying to be a smart A. Different dealer and a call into Ram Care might help. They obviously are just playing swaptronics.

michelexoxo4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Trust me if there was another dealership in my area I would be there! I have called Ram Care - waiting to hear back from them.