Service Airbag System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike0565

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Driving home tonight from a concert and the Service Airbag System message came up and the icon lit up. It went away after about 10 seconds and never came back on. WTF is up with that? Is this something that is covered under an extended warranty? I have Maxcare. Out of all the automobiles that I've owned, I have never seen a message like that.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I believe that all safety devices are covered for life, like seat belts. I'm guessing that if you take it in, they'll probably say something to the effect that since the light isn't on, they can't do anything. That being said, there may be a code saved that will steer them to where the problem is. I personally would take it in, because if that baby goes off while you're tooling down the freeway at 70, it's gonna be an issue.

On another note, depending on the concert, there may have been enough pot smoke in the air that you actually deployed your airbag on the way home and just don't remember....lol

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I believe that all safety devices are covered for life, like seat belts. I'm guessing that if you take it in, they'll probably say something to the effect that since the light isn't on, they can't do anything. That being said, there may be a code saved that will steer them to where the problem is. I personally would take it in, because if that baby goes off while you're tooling down the freeway at 70, it's gonna be an issue.

On another note, depending on the concert, there may have been enough pot smoke in the air that you actually deployed your airbag on the way home and just don't remember....lol
Or just thought you saw a light that wasn't really on at all!

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had a service recall performed involving the passenger airbag sensor, which had a defect that was fixable by flashing the computer. Mine is a 2017, but yours may be part of that recall, and if it is that could be the solution to the random "ghost" you have on board.