SFT post AEM tune and Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Another member asked me why?
His truck is SFT tuned, so before getting the AEM recall he returned his tune to stock. After completing the recall he reinstalled his SFT Stage 1 tune. To test that the tune was in place he, like any tuned owner would do, checked to see if he could engage cruise control at 15+mph. To his surprise, it would not engage cruise control. He contacted SFT was told that SFT tunes have never engaged cruise control under 25mph. WHAT??? Two years ago Jimmy himself wrote me, "GDE claims it took their “engineers weeks of research to come up with min cruise control speeds, etc. SFT has an ECU definition file, press CTRL+F then you find it instantly.". So what has changed?

My 2016 Eco has the AEM recall completed and has post AEM ECU & TCU tunes. Until now I've had no reason to test the cruise control engagement. I tested it today. The lowest speed it would engage cruise control was 19mph. I know for a fact that prior to AEM recall it would engage cruise control at 15+mph. That's how I would test that the tune was installed each time I changed it. So now, I too question why? And, if this SFT change is the way it's going to be, how do we test if the SFT tune is actually installed?
We would appreciate hearing from other SFT tuned Ecodiesel owners about your status or views on engaging cruise control.

Note:
The above has also been sent to SFT