Shaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allen1415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently, within the last couple months I had a zone 6 inch lift with 22 inch rims and 325/50 tires installed. Dealership said tires are balanced and alignment done. I received alignment paperwork. My rear end at 60-75 mph is now shaking like Miley Cyrus, and my truck is pulling left. My truck is a street Queen and has never seen dirt. Beyond having tires rebalanced and another alignment done what could be happening?

Ive always felt a little wobble but nothing like what is going on now. Also the roads/highway around Cincinnati are just trash so I can't hardly ever tell if it's the road or my truck.

Thanks

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Recently, within the last couple months I had a zone 6 inch lift with 22 inch rims and 325/50 tires installed. Dealership said tires are balanced and alignment done. I received alignment paperwork. My rear end at 60-75 mph is now shaking like Miley Cyrus, and my truck is pulling left. My truck is a street Queen and has never seen dirt. Beyond having tires rebalanced and another alignment done what could be happening?

Ive always felt a little wobble but nothing like what is going on now. Also the roads/highway around Cincinnati are just trash so I can't hardly ever tell if it's the road or my truck.

Thanks

Check out an adjustable trackbar. There are a few options out there to choose from. I use Core 4x4 myself for the trackbar and rear control arms. That will keep your rear axle planted and Miley can go home :D

20210320_172129.jpg

The big long red bar and has the silver handle is what will keep your axle from wobbling.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have tires rebalanced,road forced if needed.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Once you raised the veh , the rear axle became out of square with the veh. The adjustable trackbar will correct your problem.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

Thanks

What kind of tires do you have ? Some tires just don't balance good ...

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m going through the same thing. Around 70-75 it shakes but sometimes goes away. At 80+, it smooths out. It’s really weird.
Not lifted, just leveled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’m going through the same thing. Around 70-75 it shakes but sometimes goes away. At 80+, it smooths out. It’s really weird.
Not lifted, just leveled.

If it smooths back out it’s tires. Rotate them and see if it improves. Road force and hub centric balancing are the 2 best ways that most tire shops don’t use

OP
OP
A

Allen1415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So at around 80mph it does smooth out. The tires I bought we're nitto ridge grapplers. The lift relocated the stock track bar above the axle.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So at around 80mph it does smooth out. The tires I bought we're nitto ridge grapplers. The lift relocated the stock track bar above the axle.

How often have you rotated them ? Because MTs and hybrid tires really are not meant to be driven daily they need to be rotated pretty often and consistently .... My Ridge Grapplers are wearing out pretty evenly but just recently I do get a small vibration but because I haven't rotated them like I have in the past .... I am over by like 1k miles on the rotation

Take them to get re-balanced with as little weights as possible ... a good shop will know how to do so and definitely road force balance them ...

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it smooths back out it’s tires. Rotate them and see if it improves. Road force and hub centric balancing are the 2 best ways that most tire shops don’t use

I do have hub rings, but they are plastic ones. They’ve been on the truck for probably 7 years now though. The truck was fine until I got the tires rotated and balanced. Old tires had one with a flat spot from sitting parked for months. Bought new tires and still same thing. I’m beginning to wonder if my hub rings are screwed up.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I do have hub rings, but they are plastic ones. They’ve been on the truck for probably 7 years now though. The truck was fine until I got the tires rotated and balanced. Old tires had one with a flat spot from sitting parked for months. Bought new tires and still same thing. I’m beginning to wonder if my hub rings are screwed up.

or the shop didnt put your hub rings back. Ive seen that more times than im comfortable with