SharaDon stage 2 or 3 valvebody for 545RFE which one or neither???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ybnormal70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about upgrading the valve body in my truck and would like to get some opinions. Truck is not a daily driver or a drag truck, it's kind of in the middle. Just driven for fun. Which would you go with and why? I'm leaning towards the stage 3.

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited:

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Either one is a good choice. Check out naturally aspirated(abbreviated version) dodge which has a lot of guys that run sharadon stuff with fast trucks(anywhere from mid 10s-12s, and 13s, 14s and 15s for the stock/lightly modded guys)

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Stage 3 is the way to go hands down. The stage 2 is an extra option for guys that are just looking for a slight bump in shift firmness, but if you are looking for a fast/firm neck snapping type shift, then the stage 3 is the way to go. Our computers will try to adapt to your driving style, so the harder you drive it, the firmer it will shift.

As for reliability, the faster shift is actually beneficial to your transmission by not allowing the clutches enough time to start slipping. I was very happy with the stage 3 that I had on the 03.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not tryin to thread jack but do you have to pull the tranny to change it?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Nope, just drop the tranny pan, and you are looking right at it.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
iv heard the same about the quick shift being more beneficial for longevity

Tapatalk Addict

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
hmm interesting . Wonder if they make one for a 2001 ram 318 manual 5 speed

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Think I may have found my next mod....now how to ge tthe wife to agree.....

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Mine is mostly a right lane cruiser with the occasional hole shot at the traffic light and i run the Stage III. Had very harsh downshifts sporadically so i had a quick learn done which took care of it. Prob' wont be the case for you so just throwing that out there.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Some trucks get away without the quicklearn, but that is an easyfix if your truck ends up with those harsh downshifts.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
With the stage three, is there any need to upgrade the pan. wondering if it causes the fluid to heat up at all.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
An upgraded pan is not necessary, but if you were considering a better pan, this would be the time to do it. Transmission fluid is not cheap, so it would make sense to throw the new pan on there while you have the stock one off for the VB install.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
It is basically a reset for your transmission. It will reset all your transmission adaptives and will make it easier for the transmission to accept the new VB. Not everyone has to do this though, so I would install the vb first. If everything feels fine, then dont even worry about the quicklearn.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
x2. I still run the stocker since i am a little concern of adding a deep pan w/ a 4/6 and 28" tires.
If you have not already i would look into a trans' temp gauge so you can keep a real time eye on the temp.

An upgraded pan is not necessary, but if you were considering a better pan, this would be the time to do it. Transmission fluid is not cheap, so it would make sense to throw the new pan on there while you have the stock one off for the VB install.

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It is basically a reset for your transmission. It will reset all your transmission adaptives and will make it easier for the transmission to accept the new VB. Not everyone has to do this though, so I would install the vb first. If everything feels fine, then dont even worry about the quicklearn.

You sure it needs one? Quick learn is for when either TCM (03) or PCM (04+) is replaced as the new module will not have the CVI values in memory or if you replace the trans to put the new CVI values into memory. VB shouldn't affect any of that; it of course wouldn't hurt, but I'm curious as to if it is necessary.

how do u go about doing this relearn. and also what would be normal trans temps?

Dealer unless you know someone with a DRBIII or DRB emulator software. The computer has you start the truck, hold brakes, put in drive, then it ramps the rpm up a bit and cycles through the gears; that's how it learns the CVI (clutch value index) values.