Sheriff’s Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Thanks- I stand corrected. I think they should shut down the main highways when conditions warrant. All the mega crashes on I-70 shuts down the roadway anyway so shut it down before the big crashes.
Since I-70 shuts down between Denver and Utah every 2.4 days, why not just shut it down even more often? Nearly 70% of the closures happen on my side of the Rockies with 38% of the state's land and just 10% of Colorado's population lives. It's funny how with the least amount of traffic some of the largest mass wrecks of trucks and cars do occur. Personally I believe that all the new automatic safety technologies disconnects people's brains from any of the feeling of driving their vehicles in bad winter conditions, especially in 4WD vehicles like our Power Wagons. When conditions are bad I drive my 1998 Chevrolet K1500. Just get a better feel with a stick, but it still was no joy to sit in it for several hours in Glenwood Canyon last month due to a major vehicle pile up.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Nothing better than a light foot and pucker factor lol winter driving’s an art some get it some don’t a computer never will

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Since I-70 shuts down between Denver and Utah every 2.4 days, why not just shut it down even more often? Nearly 70% of the closures happen on my side of the Rockies with 38% of the state's land and just 10% of Colorado's population lives. It's funny how with the least amount of traffic some of the largest mass wrecks of trucks and cars do occur. Personally I believe that all the new automatic safety technologies disconnects people's brains from any of the feeling of driving their vehicles in bad winter conditions, especially in 4WD vehicles like our Power Wagons. When conditions are bad I drive my 1998 Chevrolet K1500. Just get a better feel with a stick, but it still was no joy to sit in it for several hours in Glenwood Canyon last month due to a major vehicle pile up.

I've made many trips from Pueblo West to Parachute- I know just what your saying.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Nothing better than a light foot and pucker factor lol winter driving’s an art some get it some don’t a computer never will
Anymore so many lack common sense and a pucker factor that they think ice roads mean speed up. Combine that with steep mountain passes and all hell breaks loose.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been driving in northern michigan winters for my whole life (over 25 years). Im not one to toot my own horn, but i know how to drive in the winter. I have driven a lot of different types of vehicles over the years, from 70’s and 80’s manual trans pickups to all the modern tech rigs we have today. While i can not stand the abs brakes on pretty much anything, i am simply amazed at how well the traction control feature works that keeps the vehicle straight when it starts sliding. While it usually ****** me off because it prevents me from drifting when i want to, i have felt it kick in a time or two over the years when it actually came in handy. The fact that it instantly automatically brakes certain tires and and straightens the rig back up perfectly just absolutely floors me. I can guarantee it works much better than most peoples reaction times…especially ones who dont know how to drive in the winter, who tend to oversteer or understeer etc and cause a slide-out.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah people don’t know how to drive anymore. I do kind of like antilock breaks although I still wonder if I could do better. I still remember driving my first vehicle with them. I was like wtf is that ****?!

OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Yeah people don’t know how to drive anymore. I do kind of like antilock breaks although I still wonder if I could do better. I still remember driving my first vehicle with them. I was like wtf is that ****?!

Crawling forward in slow traffic down an incline in unplowed snow I rather have the option to turn the antilock brake system off. Instead of making a big pile of snow which blocks the truck's tires from rolling forward, the antilock brake system when activated creates these tiny piles that the tires ride right over.

Last edited:

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Pulled another one out of the ditch on the way home from work today icy as hell and windy

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have been driving in northern michigan winters for my whole life (over 25 years). Im not one to toot my own horn, but i know how to drive in the winter. I have driven a lot of different types of vehicles over the years, from 70’s and 80’s manual trans pickups to all the modern tech rigs we have today. While i can not stand the abs brakes on pretty much anything, i am simply amazed at how well the traction control feature works that keeps the vehicle straight when it starts sliding. While it usually ****** me off because it prevents me from drifting when i want to, i have felt it kick in a time or two over the years when it actually came in handy. The fact that it instantly automatically brakes certain tires and and straightens the rig back up perfectly just absolutely floors me. I can guarantee it works much better than most peoples reaction times…especially ones who dont know how to drive in the winter, who tend to oversteer or understeer etc and cause a slide-out.
We can have years of experience and the best snow vehicle out there but if we're surrounded by idiots we end up crashed anyway.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
I can't think of a Better Thread . To Tell you guys goodbye. You guys are great. A lot of great Info. I feel like we became friends. I Sold my Power Wagon today. I could afford it. It was my Dream Truck. But It's not Practical for me at this time. I will be Picking up a new 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road with a Manual Transmission on Tuesday. I will miss this Forum. I will miss my Truck. I visited one of the Toyota Forums. Not impressed . Probably won't Sign up. I may Lurk around here, at times...

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I can't think of a Better Thread . To Tell you guys goodbye. You guys are great. A lot of great Info. I feel like we became friends. I Sold my Power Wagon today. I could afford it. It was my Dream Truck. But It's not Practical for me at this time. I will be Picking up a new 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road with a Manual Transmission on Tuesday. I will miss this Forum. I will miss my Truck. I visited one of the Toyota Forums. Not impressed . Probably won't Sign up. I may Lurk around here, at times...

Big Cheddar glad to hear you found a stick. Enjoy it while there's still some available.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

Last edited: