Shocks for 2021 Crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Suggestions is it the 10ply tires or upgraded shocks that will dampen the bumps. You know those ashphalt cut lines that go across the road..and other bumps.. If shoucks anyone with experience/knowledge of what brand/type..thanks...2021 1500 Crew Cab...Thanks

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
loading with your camper or everyday driving?

E rated tires are stiff as heck. Doubt they will soften anything. Not much give on those sidewalls.
Reason they can handle so much more weight than D or P rated tires.

Stiffer shocks, like bilsteins, will stiffen the ride but will make those crack less noticeable.
Did on my 2014. New springs did too, if I remember corectly but radically change the ride of my 2014.
Getting tuftruck springs put n my 2022 but have not done it yet. got teh springs jsut got to one of the kids to do it. setting upo appt now.

I;ve fodn the biggest thigns with cracks is my trucks length. my 6.4 box eides much better than my 5.7 did, over most roads. some roads,, makes no different, depends on teh spacing of the cracks.

Sorry I could not be more help.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a suggestion, but for your purposes and truck just ask regarding a 4th Gen.
My front end is fairly stiff with Bilsteins at 2.8 and my rear has Bilstein shocks and Icon multi-stage springs and they absorb everything. Much better than stock. Total package is very much more responsive. If you haven’t yet, seriously look into swapping your rear sway bar to a Hellwig. Just my suggestions.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
loading with your camper or everyday driving?

E rated tires are stiff as heck. Doubt they will soften anything. Not much give on those sidewalls.
Reason they can handle so much more weight than D or P rated tires.

Stiffer shocks, like bilsteins, will stiffen the ride but will make those crack less noticeable.
Did on my 2014. New springs did too, if I remember corectly but radically change the ride of my 2014.
Getting tuftruck springs put n my 2022 but have not done it yet. got teh springs jsut got to one of the kids to do it. setting upo appt now.

I;ve fodn the biggest thigns with cracks is my trucks length. my 6.4 box eides much better than my 5.7 did, over most roads. some roads,, makes no different, depends on teh spacing of the cracks.

Sorry I could not be more help.
And yes, the LT tires are beasts. Very much stiffer sidewalls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452