Shocks recommendation for 2016 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sebirak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hello, I purchased a 2016 RAM Limited few months ago and very happy with my purchase, however, the shocks can definitely use an upgrade. I have an air suspension and its nice but every-time I drive I seem to feel every small pothole on the road. I do plan on taking my truck camping, but with the shocks that I have on now that would not be a pleasant experience once there is no more pavement.

I am looking for a suggestions for a shocks to get for this particular model that won't interfere with my air suspension, thank you.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Up front the shock and air ride assembly are the same unit.

OP
OP
sebirak

sebirak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Any conversion kits that you would recommend?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have an air suspension truck but it's my understanding they can be converted to steel suspension as easy as just removing the air springs (and front shock/spring assemblies), replacing with stock coil spring parts, and using AlfaOBD to inform the truck it's not air anymore. That's only what I've gathered from participating in forums so somebody else who's actually done it might have more in-depth information.

W3RonePeople718

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello, I purchased a 2016 RAM Limited few months ago and very happy with my purchase, however, the shocks can definitely use an upgrade. I have an air suspension and its nice but every-time I drive I seem to feel every small pothole on the road. I do plan on taking my truck camping, but with the shocks that I have on now that would not be a pleasant experience once there is no more pavement.

I am looking for a suggestions for a shocks to get for this particular model that won't interfere with my air suspension, thank you.
Did you ever find any upgrades for your air suspension?

I have a 2020 Ram Limited with the air suspension, and I really want to upgrade it. I want to be able to adjust the height a little more aggressively, it goes so slow with the standard equipment. And I I’d like to be able to set a ride height with the controls I have and have it stay at that height. If I set it to off road 1 or off road 2 and start driving over 15mph it lowers automatically. And when I’m on the highway it goes to the aero setting which is fine I guess, it does get the best gas mileage in aero, but like I drive on the beach and some other light off road settings. And I want my truck to be sitting much higher like off road 2 or even higher when I do that. But then I have to drive so damn slow to keep it at that height!

Let me know

G-