Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anyone recommend a good set of shocks front and rear for my 1500 2011 bighorn quad cab 2 Wheel Dr.? I bought the Monroe reflex shocks and they’re absolute junk only have 3000 miles on them and they’ve lost all their dampening already this is the second set I put on the first set was warranted, after two weeks all of the damping went away.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put rancho 5000s on my '12 or the back end anyway. I have the fronts here, gotta swap them when I get the chance. .
As a wrench for a living I've put ranchos on customers vehicles before but this is a first for me.
I have had no luck with Monroe (though I know that ranchos are made by the same co that makes Monroe) or KYB, usually I like the Gabriel ultra's when I can find them.
But either way I went this time , no combo of shocks for my rig were available from any one rock auto warehouse, so i had to pay 2x shipping anyway unless I was to mix n match. No way.
Still less than half the price of getting them from Napa in town. For the same exact thing..
So I thought I'd give them a try.
I'm pulling my camper with it this weekend.
Major improvement driving around empty, that's a start

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you use the truck? Do you off road at all? Bilstein 4600 or 5100 is a good budget option that is still quality for a mostly street driven truck. If you want something a little better for off road we have other options. Message me if you would like to discuss and if you would like a quote

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr