Shop Air Compressor... What for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
A man can never have “too many” tools.
So true.

But pretty soon we won't need any tools with electric vehicles. It will be like unbolt and replace with a rebuilt part like today's alternators.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
So true.

But pretty soon we won't need any tools with electric vehicles. It will be like unbolt and replace with a rebuilt part like today's alternators.
That may be quite true for some, but where there’s a will, there’s a way. Unless hermetically sealed, it went together, it can be taken apart and repaired. Necessity is the mother of all invention……I have repaired my share of electric motors and parts. Looking forward to the day we see a Tesla with a diesel swap or something even more weird, because of battery issues. Not a fan of forced/mandated anything, so there’s that.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't be without a compressor in the garage. No way no how. I can't run my sandblasting cabinet without one. Actually I wish mine was bigger, more capacity. It's 5hp 80 gallon 2 stage about 17cfm at 175 psi. As soon as I clean it out and make room I have been wanting a tire machine for basically forever. I will have my own one day. Around here it would pay for itself quick and I wouldn't have to worry about getting in trouble at work using theirs for my own "government work". Just taking a flat in for repairs is $20 min nowadays.