Short story long...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ViolentMouse

ViolentMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
And this is the first cold startup of the truck with a single mile on the new motor. This happened on the 15th of November.

OP
OP
ViolentMouse

ViolentMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have been driving it all week, I have done my three 10mph WOT rolls to seat the rings, and so far so good. This thing destroys ear drums at 3500 RPM. Hard trying to keep it under 80 it's got a TON of torque it didn't have before. On the highway at cruise in OD my HUD says I am getting around 14MPG, and the HUD says avg is about 11 for now. This does coincide with the amount of fuel I have had to add back to it from putting 400 miles on it. I have NEVER been able to get more than 275 miles from a tank before, and I easily cleared that, so the good news is the truck makes more power, and better mileage than it EVER has. The bad news... that new A/C compressor... the manifold fittings are too small and it doesn't work with the OEM manifold. I need to get yet another compressor and paint match it.

My TODO list as of now:
Pull the wiring harness back up and put my black/blue net looms on.
Get a new cruise control module (the old one died from battery acid after the battery mount failed off road)
Get a new dash. Sitting for close to 15 months was the fatal blow to my cracked dash, it is now holy (hole-y? haha)
Finish the break in for 6k miles then do some pulls for the tuner.
Get a second muffler and a cut out, I plan on keeping the flowmaster XS muffler, but I need something quieter for cruise.
Get newer model seats for the front. If anyone has a set they want to donate hit me up LOL!.
My front right rim is bent, also from being to hard on it off road...Need to get it fixed or replaced.
New upper and lower control arms in the front
New leaf springs in the rear.
All new shocks on all 4 corners.
Fix the existing paint, or spray the whole thing. I am thinking either 100% silver like the bottom rocker, or hard knuckle white like the new durango.

I will keep posting as things happen.
Just glad to have my baby back after all this time. feels good to drive it. Took it on the first long trip this weekend, 210 miles round trip still have just under half a tank of gas.

OP
OP
ViolentMouse

ViolentMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Just found this low res footage of the donuts from the first motor: