Shorty header question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep all the bolts loose till you get all of them in. If the holes dont line up you have 2 options call and have the header replaced or stock manifolds again you cant cross thread them or go without. The dip sticks suck but it will go in just take your time. And try torquing the bolts on the y pipe. You can use sealants but they never last. Make sure both flanges are not coated in carbon before they go together and check the y pipe for rust

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the bolts it was what I did: keep all the bolts loose until I'll get all of them. The passenger side went easy but it was not possible to line up 2 bolts for the driver side nevertheless there is no leak... yet...
I think it's going to be complicated to have the header replaced because I live in a small island in the caribbean... I will try to drill a bigger hole on the header flange to give more room for the bolt to line up.

I will use some sealants and retighten the bolts with thicker washers