Shorty headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL ...yes the driver's was a bit tedious but patience helps .... we had to extract only 1 broken bolt on the passenger's side, we used a welder as well and out it came, took 5 minutes if that to take out ...

Did you wrap them or get them ceramic coated ?

Ceramic coated AFE's with Remflex here, flange is still giving me a little tick on the pass side, might have to drop the y pipe from both sides and do some Permatex Copper, and yes those bolts were designed to make you hate yourself.
PXL_20220530_181311494 (1).jpg

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I had the JBA titanium ceramic coated shorty's put on with a set of SRT 3-layer gaskets and SRT header bolts and not a leak or peep out of them.

I also put on Permatex Ultra Copper RTV on the header collectors to ensure no leaks, and all is quiet and perfect! A nice little bump is torque and sound in conjunction with my custom y-pipe and Magnaflow catback system, too.

Yes, some will say there could be an issue using the RTV here for codes, etc., but I've had mine on for months now and all is perfect.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I had the JBA titanium ceramic coated shorty's put on with a set of SRT 3-layer gaskets and SRT header bolts and not a leak or peep out of them.

I also put on Permatex Ultra Copper RTV on the header collectors to ensure no leaks, and all is quiet and perfect! A nice little bump is torque and sound in conjunction with my custom y-pipe and Magnaflow catback system, too.

Yes, some will say there could be an issue using the RTV here for codes, etc., but I've had mine on for months now and all is perfect.
If you haven't read this,spend the 15 minutes or so it takes to read the "whole" article. Shorties don't generate much in the way of torque increases,no matter what your butt dyno claims,lol.The exhaust side operates alot like the intake side,long intake runners promote bottem end torque,the same thing happens with the exhaust side,long primary tubes generate more bottom end torque,while still pulling all the way up through the rpm band.Short primary tubes are geared more for upper rpm,and don't do much to enhance bottom end torque

Last edited:

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the remflex gaskets over those that came with my JBA shorties. I haven't had any issues yet after a year or so of use. There is a bunch of posts on here about how lousy the gaskets are that come with the JBA's.