Should I buy Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a '94 regular cab / short box 4x2 from 94-2002
A 2006 Quad cab Big Horn 4x4 from 07-13
A 2013 Crew cab Big Horn 4x4 from 13-19
and am now driving a 2019 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4.

I keep my trucks for a few years.

The only problem with the 94 was it was not a 4x4. The 5.9 in that thing was a beast. Zero issues with it, until I got in a wreck with it. Oil pump failed immediately (like 3 blocks) after getting it from the shop. I have to assume it was related to the accident. I loved that truck.

The 2006 was the worst of the bunch. A CV joint flew apart on it, and the stupid door valve or whatever in the airbox failed on me (90 degree day, pouring rain, truck only blew hot air, that was awesome). It had an AC leak, and rear quarter panel rust over the wheel wells. Oh, and sometimes it would just shut down when I was driving. Never did figure out what that was, other than really scary when it happened once while turning.

Still, I bought the 13. Good decision. No issues at all. I did one or two of the recalls, but otherwise I didn't see the dealer for 6 years.

I've been tempted by Ford, Chevy and Toyota. But I keep choosing Dodge...er Ram because of the value; the cabins on Ram trucks is just so much nicer than any of the competition. I can never come close to the features I get in my Ram trucks in any other truck for anywhere near the price. I also think since the 4G trucks, Rams handle and drive as smooth as any of the competition, if they aren't flat out better. In my experience I generally have had less issues than people i've known with other trucks.