Should I get a body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well my front tires barely rub the front fender when you turn the wheel. Im running 38s and have a 6" RC lift with front bilsteins set at 2.8"s. Is there any way i could modify my lift and install longer springs? I know i would need to cut, drop, and reweld the transfer case. But what about the spindles? Thats my biggest concern. I could either make a taller strut tower spacer, or run fox or some other brand of coilovers.
Or just do a 1.5" body lift?
Lets hear your thoughts.

Screenshot_2018-11-24-20-33-13.png

Screenshot_2018-11-24-19-05-10.png

Last edited:

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go 3” bodylift

It’s begging for it with 38s and would make the truck a MONSTER

I’m debating a 1.5” BL on mine but that’s only bc I want to stick with a roughly 36” tire

Since you went all the way with 38s I’d be installing a 3” BL tomorrow lol

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Front frender is plastic, shave a little from the corner where it rubs, no need to thinker how to make the truck taller, and literally free, unless of course the end game is to make it even taller, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do cops still enforce bumper height anywhere?
In PA they are nazis. When i had my truck inspected with 37s he said my bumper height was borderline. Witj my 38s now i hsve to be over. I might just say screw it and put the 2" body lift on. I know a few shops that will look the other way.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Front frender is plastic, shave a little from the corner where it rubs, no need to thinker how to make the truck taller and literaly free, unless of course the end game is to make it even taller, lol.

My friend is trimming it with a 6" grinder and wafer wheel to morrow. If hes not sick tomorrow. Has the flu

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do any reasonably priced lifted (longer) struts sold for 6" lifted trucks that want to go higher exist?
Like 8" coilovers?

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does any reasoably priced liftrd (longer) struts sold for 6" lifted trucks that want to go higher?
Like 8" coilovers?

Dirtlogic makes a 2.5 coilover for their Fabtech 6" lift kit, 6" Coilover FTS230101, this model doesn't have a reservoir, so it's priced a little better than the one with the res, FTS820452

BDS has the 6" Fox 2.5 Coilover with res, BDS88302073

Last edited:
OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dirtlogic makes a 2.5 coilover for their Fabtech 6" lift kit, 6" Coilover FTS230101, this model doesn't have a reservoir, so it's priced a little better than the one with the res, FTS820452

BDS has the 6" Fox 2.5 Coilover with res, BDS88302073

Yeah i was looking at coilovers last night. But the biggest they go is 0-3". Thats the same as my bilstein. Like i said earlier, i can cut, lower, and reweld my transfer case so its at factory level if i lift it any higher. I weld for a living so it woukd be easy for me to do.
Is the fabtech coilover taller and not need a top spacer like most lift kits use? Sounds like if its adj from 0-3" it woukldnt get me any higher than where i am now with my bils set at 2.8"

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah i was looking at coilovers last night. But the biggest they go is 0-3". Thats the same as my bilstein. Like i said earlier, i can cut, lower, and reweld my transfer case so its at factory level if i lift it any higher. I weld for a living so it woukd be easy for me to do.
Is the fabtech coilover taller and not need a top spacer like most lift kits use? Sounds like if its adj from 0-3" it woukldnt get me any higher than where i am now with my bils set at 2.8"

Correct, The Dirtlogic or BDS Fox Co’s are full 6 coilovers so you won’t need the spacers, you can check out the instructions on both 6” kits , Fabtech or BDS where the coilovers are used, and both coilovers are fully adjustable. They have pictures showing how the coilovers look like in the mounts.

Edited: Please contact Fabtech or BDS to confirm the height of the coilovers, the instructions i was looking at, at least from Fabtech, were for the GM stuff, and they show their coilover and all it's beauty in the mount :), though you can see in their instructions for the RAM, they won't install the spacer if you're using the coilovers.

"FOLLOW STEPS 33-34 FOR BASIC KIT ONLY. IF INSTALLING THE PERFORMANCE SYSTEM WITH DIRT LOGIC 2.5 COILOVERS, INSTALL THE COILOVER SO IT IS OFFSET AWAY FROM THE AXLE"

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/instructions/FT23040i.pdf

Last edited:
OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct, The Dirtlogic or BDS Fox Co’s are full 6 coilovers so yo won’t need the spacers, you can check out the instructions on both 6” kits , Fabtech or BDS where the coilovers are used, and both coilovers are fully adjustable. They have pictures showing how the coilovers look like in the mounts.
I just looked at the dirt logic on their web site, and only saw 2.5" coilovers. I didnt see sny specs about being for s 6" lift or using spacers.
Am i missing something? I dont need resevoirs. I dont do baja racing. Lol

And im not a fan any fox products. They rust bad after a couple of years. Have had multiple fox shocks in the past rust. The part that rusts is the chrome shock shaft. I have fox 2.0 resevoir shocks on the rear of my ram, and they are rusting.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just looked at the dirt logic on their web site, and only saw 2.5" coilovers. I didnt see sny specs about being for s 6" lift or using spacers.
Am i missing something? I dont need resevoirs. I dont do baja racing. Lol

I've attached their instructions above, contact Fabtech and ask them directly, the coilovers are 2.5 body struts, and i'm almost fully positive they're 6" in the RAM, of course i could be wrong as i was looking at the version for Chevy, but a quick phone call to them will allow you to fully verify.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aight dude, i did a little research contacting Fabtech, great customer service btw :) their 2.5 body coilovers don't need spacers, they're 6" coilovers, and they also have the UCA's that will handle their 6" kit, uniball too, they said it'll work stock and with their 6" kit and their coilovers, i'd assume they're stock lenght or close to stock, or at least you don't see the typical offset found in all the other ones, Fabtech UCA part# FTS23039
here are the details on those.
https://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/_download_files/npr13002-web.pdf

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spoke with Icon today...they told me to measure from center of wheel and jack it up and measure that, and Jack it up, and measure for droop. would need transfer case and sonething else lowered as well.
$800 each for Icon to make you a custom set
But i think im just gonna do body lift. Not sure on size.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have the impact bar and bumper absorber behind my front bumper. So that's why it's hitting. Nothing is pushing it forward. My buddy is going to put a self inflating bag between the inside of the bumper and frame to push it out. If it rubs, then it's getting a 3" body lift. Who makes a reasonably affordable kit?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01