Should I get a body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lets hear some more replys...body lift or leave it how it is?
When i put the proper parts behind the bumper, it wont rub because it pushes the bumper forward.

Last edited:

15 Handicap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blue Streak Pearl Coat 3.6
I don't have the impact bar and bumper absorber behind my front bumper. So that's why it's hitting. Nothing is pushing it forward. My buddy is going to put a self inflating bag between the inside of the bumper and frame to push it out. If it rubs, then it's getting a 3" body lift. Who makes a reasonably affordable kit?
Why not lengthen the impact bar to push it forward?

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why not lengthen the impact bar to push it forward?
that would be a great idea if i had an impact bar amd bumper absorber behind my bumper. Lol
They sent me the wrong impact bar and i wanted my front bumper on so they are in storage. When i get out of the VA i will fabricate whats needed to the impact bar so it will work.
I want another 1.5" for looks. Just looks ro stuffed at the moment for my liking.
My buddy that has my truck put a blow up air bag behind my bumper to push it out so my tire doesnt hit it a few days ago.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zone has the 1.5” BL if you really want it. Not terribly expensive either. Mine is just chilling in my garage waiting for me to install, but I’m a little wary of doing all the work without a spare set of hands.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started out with the 1.5 and switched to 3" . Hind sight, Way too much work involved for only 1.5 ". I swapped it out for the 3" which is actually easier , much less drilling and looks more like a 4x4. The nice part is if you don't like the height you can lower your Bilsteins and have a much better ride and still not look like a stuffed 4x2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I was going to go 7" MaxTrac with 3" body lift, after extensive research, driving a handful of trucks with suspension and body lift combos, I decided not to get the body lift. Things didn't feel right on all 4 trucks I drove with the combo, I drove two 2018 Rams a Chevy and Ford. The Ford seem to ride better but the Rams and Chevy were very rough.

The two Rams had ProComps on 35s, the Chevy had BDS on 40s and the Ford also BDS.

Just my opinion.

Algunz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You should go with the performance accessories 3" kit... truck will look amazing with it

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to go 7" MaxTrac with 3" body lift, after extensive research, driving a handful of trucks with suspension and body lift combos, I decided not to get the body lift. Things didn't feel right on all 4 trucks I drove with the combo, I drove two 2018 Rams a Chevy and Ford. The Ford seem to ride better but the Rams and Chevy were very rough.

The two Rams had ProComps on 35s, the Chevy had BDS on 40s and the Ford also BDS.

Just my opinion.

It was the ProComp kit, they ride stiff/rough.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was the ProComp kit, they ride stiff/rough.
Mine is a procomp and rides exactly like OEM honestly

In fact you can run a procomp with the front factory springs/struts and the rear springs stay factory. Not sure how it could be known as a kit that rides stiff....

Mine has bilstein 5100 adjustable s up front set at .7” with factory springs and the rear is the procomp spacer with factory spring and the procomp rear shocks. No complaints about ride from my truck.

I personally think they make a great kit and my next truck will have procomp as an option for lift again. But maybe others have had a different experience just like any brand you have a lot of people who like the kit and some that don’t.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corumba