Should i get a pedal commander?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should definitely get one. They show up from time to time in the for sale section, however they don’t last long.

mason mank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well worth every penny. Feels like a completely different vehicle once you have it installed, which takes all of 5 minutes including reading the directions.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't think it was worth the money I paid for it new. Used at a good price wouln't be too bad.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an observation---It always strikes me as kinda funny that most(not all)of the people that talk trash about the Pedal Commander have never had one nor have they ever ridden in a truck with one installed.
Jay

madweazl

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'13 1500 | '16 2500
Engine
5.7 | 6.4
Just an observation---It always strikes me as kinda funny that most(not all)of the people that talk trash about the Pedal Commander have never had one nor have they ever ridden in a truck with one installed.
Jay

Probably because most of them know how they operate and can do the same thing with their right foot on the stock pedal.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just makes the peddle more sentitive is all it does....I would rather save a lil longer and buy a tuner which opens up way more options PLUS it does what a peddle commander does..

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Just makes the peddle more sentitive is all it does....I would rather save a lil longer and buy a tuner which opens up way more options PLUS it does what a peddle commander does..
But then you lose warranty.....so everyone's different, me, I like my warranty.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Probably because most of them know how they operate and can do the same thing with their right foot on the stock pedal.
I have driven both, with and without, once you have it, it is truly a different driving experience. Agree, you can push the pedal down more, but the fun factor isn't the same. My 2015 had one, and as soon as I bought my 2019 Classic, it felt sluggish compared.

Kinda like saying who needs to pay for tint, just wear sunglasses :)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
but that is not true.....using your right foot does not eliminate the lag....yes when you slam the pedal it will take off with more force but there is still the lag time till it does that. With the pedal commander you blip the pedal and it lunges forward immediately.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
but that is not true.....using your right foot does not eliminate the lag....yes when you slam the pedal it will take off with more force but there is still the lag time till it does that. With the pedal commander you blip the pedal and it lunges forward immediately.
like Sport Mode on our 392's....well, yours anyway :(

madweazl

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'13 1500 | '16 2500
Engine
5.7 | 6.4

Do tell.

madweazl

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'13 1500 | '16 2500
Engine
5.7 | 6.4
i just did....what more do you need lol

What you described is currently impossible on planet earth. The amount of time between your truck's computer and the throttle body can NOT decrease, it is not possible. What can be achieved is less dead pedal and increased response to throttle inputs. Lag (time) actually increases a minuscule amount with anything else you place between these components.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
What you described is currently impossible on planet earth. The amount of time between your truck's computer and the throttle body can NOT decrease, it is not possible. What can be achieved is less dead pedal and increased response to throttle inputs. Lag (time) actually increases a minuscule amount with anything else you place between these components.
well you didn't have to get all technical and sciencey.....geeze. Just kidding lol

I don't know all the specifics and abilities of the system. I just know that without it the time it took for the reaction to mashing the gas was paused, with the pedal commander that was drastically decreased. If all that was is less dead pedal, so be it, but I had one and I know that just saying "applying more gas with your right foot is the same thing" isn't accurate.... it never reacted the same as using the pedal commander no matter how much harder or faster you pushed the gas. Now I'm just going on my own personal experience with having one and not having one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45