Should I get the Ram Rebel 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rico88

Reaction score
Hey

I’m new in here and hope I’m posting this in the right place

I’m looking for a new truck as a daily driver and off roading in the weekend. I live in Saudi Arabia so most of our off roading is in the sand dunes.

I almost made my mind on getting the Jeep gladiator Mojave but that truck seems to have a lot of issues with the steering/death wobbles which is something I’m not excited to deal with specially when getting it brand new.

I’m looking at the 2023 Ram rebel 1500 which looks very badass. My question is would the rebel be able to handle the sand dunes with no issues given its weight and longer wheelbase? If I got it I mostly will be putting 35” tires with 17” wheels. Probably this will be my only mod. Not sure how easy will be to lift it tho coz I’m pretty sure that the rebel are on air suspension not 100% sure if that’s correct. What are some of the common issues with the Ram rebel?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Yes, you should definitely get the 2023 Ram Rebel and do those upgrades.
God spoke , to me, and wanted me, to tell you this.

Left-lane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently traded my 2018 Big Horn for a 2023 REBEL and couldn't be more pleased. You'll have to turn off the proximity sensors as they are touchy and alert to objects way before they need to. I suspect the taller tires will help you as will the skid plates. Good luck with your purchase!

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have 21 Rebel. Air was option. I think it still an option. I do off-roading with my Rebel a lot.
Not much sand though. Mud/Dirty/Snow/Ice/Rock, Boulders type. The Air lowers when in Off-Road mode when you drive too fast(30KM).

None of us can really know, how well it will do in sand, we aren't there. I like my Truck, beat it up a lot off-roading. I would pick the Jeep.
Side note, I have also have 21 Rubicon.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Get the limited slip differential option.