Should I stay away from Hemi because if breaking manifold bolts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering what year your friends engine is. 7 months to replace an engine they build hundreds of every day sounds like more to the story.
If it's an out of production since revisions for model year it would still be too long because in the factory they just CMC select the dimensions manually to do what is needed. All these supplier plants are ready for the needs. It is all part of the SPO (service parts organisation)

Don't ask me why I know

Get buddy to get his truck out of that place

JimmieRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, except now I've become more concerned with the failures of the lifter, and the way it takes out a lobe on the cam shaft. How many of those have you seen?
The only ones I’ve actually seen is the ones that people just don’t take care of them and think they can actually go 5.000-6.000 miles on a conventional oil I don’t care If it’s a Ram or a Silverado take care of it and just keep your oil change

HaydenHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI
Multiple year Chevy 5.3L engines had lifter issues that destroyed camshafts. Now there’s an expensive fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had one of those for a company truck. Luckily, fixed under warranty.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The exhaust manifolds are a tiny problem to have to deal with in retro spec. A set of shorty headers and appropriate hard ware once the factory bolts sheer and you are back on track with better performance. And it doesn’t break the bank. Just my opinion.

parkerbows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering what year your friends engine is. 7 months to replace an engine they build hundreds of every day sounds like more to the story.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

parkerbows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's an out of production since revisions for model year it would still be too long because in the factory they just CMC select the dimensions manually to do what is needed. All these supplier plants are ready for the needs. It is all part of the SPO (service parts organisation)

Don't ask me why I know

Get buddy to get his truck out of that place
his truck is at a 5 star dealer. supposedly not easy to get.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kevin Pine

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder if he went out and bought a Prius? Won't have to worry about manifold bolts or camshaft and lifters .