Show me your behind the back seat mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fangt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was bored another day and the weather is nice.......so I walked into a bar........and robbed a lollipop from a 5 years old girl down the street and set fire on an orphanage. Just kidding.
I decided to do a fold down back seat mod on my 2014 ram1500 crew cab instead. All went well.
Now I have all these space behind the back seat, I am thinking of turning it into some useful storage space.
Show me what you did to yours, so I do not have to rob lollipop off you on another nice day.
Please no gun rack mods....I do not have a gun....it will be over kill on my lollipop robbing career.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'll send pics later but I have three amps and two pre amps mounted to the seat and a bunch of winter clothes and repair junk behind there. It's handy. My gun gets stuffed in its case and thrown back there too lol

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I decided to do a fold down back seat mod on my 2014 ram1500 crew cab instead.

Which method did you use?? Raise the seat or cut off the hook shorter???

Octane

Reaction score
I was bored another day and the weather is nice.......so I walked into a bar........and robbed a lollipop from a 5 years old girl down the street and set fire on an orphanage. Just kidding.
I decided to do a fold down back seat mod on my 2014 ram1500 crew cab instead. All went well.
Now I have all these space behind the back seat, I am thinking of turning it into some useful storage space.
Show me what you did to yours, so I do not have to rob lollipop off you on another nice day.
Please no gun rack mods....I do not have a gun....it will be over kill on my lollipop robbing career.
I take the lollipop given to a 5 yo very serious.Glad you dont have a gun to shoot back....lol

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Tool kit, step, fire extinguisher and a short shovel that I took out when we had the snow. It's riding in the back for now

20201029_165523.jpg

Old ladder and before FE
20191224_090356.jpg

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which method did you use?? Raise the seat or cut off the hook shorter???

Flipped the metal loops over and then s couple taps on one side only with a fine tuning wand.

OP
OP
F

Fangt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, thanks for all the nice replies. Keep them coming, one man's good idea can save another man from lollipop robbing.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Amps, fire extinguisher, first aid kits, spare fuses tire repair kits and winter clothes behind the seats. 41b670bc333de1e3e92779d9cdb2c375.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Perfect place even curved for it b14a596c72553571fde751bac2c4addd.jpg

2ndA732

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a couple videos on YouTube on how to do it for the HD trucks.

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What type of cab do y'all have? Is there more room behind the seat on a crew cab? My quad cab doesn't seem to have much usable space back there.

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to be the proverbial stick in the mud but I would have some concerns should someone be sitting there in a collision. I know engineers aren’t always the best but it seems to me if there was a way they could advertise more usable storage space without compromising safety they certainly would. Now if the hooks could still be secured with some sort of latching device I’m sure that would work well.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Not to be the proverbial stick in the mud but I would have some concerns should someone be sitting there in a collision. I know engineers aren’t always the best but it seems to me if there was a way they could advertise more usable storage space without compromising safety they certainly would. Now if the hooks could still be secured with some sort of latching device I’m sure that would work well.
I mean you have a point but that said your seatbelts are mounted to the pillar and rear wall of the truck so that's what would be holding the passenger. And if you get hit so hard the seats un clip and fold the last thing on your mind is the seat coming Alittle loose. Odds are you're dead or getting cut out if it anyways.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l

You dont cut off the hooks completely. you just shorten them slightly.

We shorten them just enough so when you lift the bottom of the seat, you can un latch it.

But with the seat bottom down, the hooks are still engaged enough to where the seat back wont come down.