Show Me Your Front Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Anyone out there running an aftermarket front bumper? I'm interested in a slimmer replacement for my factory Warlock (I don't really like the center portion that extends down).

Thanks!

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I'd possibly be interested in your Warlock bumper if you do make the switch. Want to swap out my Tradesman Black grille/bumper for a Rebel/Warlock front-end.

es

OP
OP
KCJOE

KCJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I appreciate the offer......my research is ongoing, as I've run across some notes on various products that say "not compatible with Rebel or Warlock"......gotta figure out how my truck is different than the typical 1500 Classic.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I appreciate the offer......my research is ongoing, as I've run across some notes on various products that say "not compatible with Rebel or Warlock"......gotta figure out how my truck is different than the typical 1500 Classic.
The Warlock bumper/grille are completely different from the other trims, including a lot of the brackets and stuff that hold it to the truck. See this post for a detailed list that AllMoparParts put together for those wanting to go from the standard bumper to the Rebel/Warlock bumper.

es

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Anyone out there running an aftermarket front bumper? I'm interested in a slimmer replacement for my factory Warlock (I don't really like the center portion that extends down).

Thanks!

I have this Chinese steel bumper I got off eBay and love it! It even included the LED light bar! It's a 3 piece design that bolts together. It looks a bit different on my truck due to it having a 3 inch body lift.
PXL_20210810_115708374~2.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ADD has some great options

Let me know if you would like a quote on anything

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same pictures. They should have removed the wheelwell liners!

There's no way they left that bumper on there and drove it like that, any speed over 20mph the wind would blow those liners into the tires and make a loud racket + wear through the liners pretty quickly.

I trimmed mine way back and thought I was good but once I got on the highway I learned they needed more trimming.... then trimmed more, back on the highway, learned they needed even more trimming. I think I finally got enough cut back :D

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
There's no way they left that bumper on there and drove it like that, any speed over 20mph the wind would blow those liners into the tires and make a loud racket + wear through the liners pretty quickly.

I trimmed mine way back and thought I was good but once I got on the highway I learned they needed more trimming.... then trimmed more, back on the highway, learned they needed even more trimming. I think I finally got enough cut back :D
Do you get a lot of tire spray in the rain or any other issues? As much as I'd like to swap on a full Warlock bumper and grille, the cost is fast-approaching the ludicrous range. I like this bumper and the price isn't totally horrid.

es

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't drive into BIG puddles fast, or cross rivers/puddles fast. So all those magazine shots with big ol splashes across a river might look cool on camera but only a fool actually drives like that. But I'd imagine if I did drive into deep standing water there would be a pretty big wall of it in front of me I wouldn't be able to see through with so much tire exposed.

Rainy or wet roads aren't a problem, small low spots, pot holes, stuff maybe an inch or two deep on wet roads aren't a problem. Not like I've done any kind of scientific analysis on it but I guess the angle of the tire when it deflects the water is enough to push the wave parallel to the ground, not throw it upward. When there's deeper water across the road like 4-5 inches deep and I enter it too fast yeah it produces a pretty large wall in front of me and on my windshield that wouldn't happen with more tire coverage.

Where I live is kind of a desert comparatively so standing water barely exists here, just don't encounter it often enough to consider it a problem.

Really I think the biggest compromise with the high clearance bumper is in aerodynamics. It was a change I could feel the very first time I got on the highway after installing the bumper I knew there was more drag and subsequent trips to the gas station have proved that. But the fact is I was beating up the stock bumper on the normal trails I was driving so it was either get the bumper outta the way or live with a bent up rusty bumper all the time :(

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
That's really helpful info. I'm in South-Central TN, and we get a LOT of rain in the Spring, complete with flooded-out roads. I don't do so much highway traveling in the truck anymore, but still occasionally make longer runs. Sounds like I might be better off sticking with the stock bumper (for MPG) or see if I can find a whole Rebel/Warlock assembly at a salvage yard at a discount.

Many thanks!

es

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
www.buckstop.biz
or