Show me your phone holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wizgear vent clip. I have a otter case on my S7 and it sticks great without adding any plate under case

20180718_094615.jpg

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I snagged this on Prime Day and it is great. Very slim on the phone and the dash mount is minimal as well. Only problem is, it appears to be messing with my wireless charging when I dock it at night. I may use wired charging for now because I really like it, but.... ugh.

Did you mount the magnetic plate at the base of your phone's backside? There should have been instructions advising to mount it low to avoid interfering w/ passive charging. I use a Note 8 so lots of real-estate on the back to avoid blocking the internal passive charging antenna but my wife's work phone is an S8, using the smaller provided plate, mounted at the bottom... no issues w/ passive charging.

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you mount the magnetic plate at the base of your phone's backside? There should have been instructions advising to mount it low to avoid interfering w/ passive charging. I use a Note 8 so lots of real-estate on the back to avoid blocking the internal passive charging antenna but my wife's work phone is an S8, using the smaller provided plate, mounted at the bottom... no issues w/ passive charging.

Well crap. I'm supposed to read instructions?! :D

No, I mounted it in the middle - which blocked charging altogether - so then I moved it up as close to the camera as I could. I prefer it higher than lower, but I can 1) try the smaller plate higher or 2) try placing lower. Thanks for the tips! It looks like it only comes with 1 of those little plastic film protectors, which I've already worn decent by moving it. I'm not terribly attached to my phone though so I don't mind mounting direct if I can find a good spot.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well crap. I'm supposed to read instructions?! :D

No, I mounted it in the middle - which blocked charging altogether - so then I moved it up as close to the camera as I could. I prefer it higher than lower, but I can 1) try the smaller plate higher or 2) try placing lower. Thanks for the tips! It looks like it only comes with 1 of those little plastic film protectors, which I've already worn decent by moving it. I'm not terribly attached to my phone though so I don't mind mounting direct if I can find a good spot.

You'll need to go low to avoid blocking passive charging. Highly doubt the little plate mounted high will get it done. Additionally, you can potentially jack your phone up having the plate mounted anywhere over the passive charging antenna. Not only does it block the charging signal... worse, it conducts heat from the signal - also mentioned in the directions. :D Definitely a no bueno to mount that plate over the middle/high backside of wirelessly charged phone. The magnetic plates are inexpensive, order a small, stick it on the right spot - problem solved.

Serodgers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
ProClip. Screws in the center top cubby. I already had the device mount with magnetic holder from my old Truck. Solid andIMG_6535.JPG out of the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is my phone holder.

I’m gonna have to look into these. As I’m using my cup holder and I spill coffee on my phone [emoji30]

faf3878fab74af95bd5bbd4c8f224de8.jpg

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Rokform case and magnet setup. Works like a boss.

IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0032.JPG IMG_0033.JPG

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what I went with. Works really well. Phone doesn't budge. It gets just enough AC to keep the phone cool in the Texas heat. And the small plate allows wireless charging to work (at home, not on the mount) without issue.

IMG956160.jpg

IMG956161.jpg

IMG956163.jpg

IMG956164.jpg

Last edited:

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered one off Ebay to go in the cupholder. Works great but it does rattle a little.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked us a magnetic mount today from Walmart. It doesn’t work through my Pelican Case unfortunately. Looks like I’m going back to the cradle mounts like in my work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked us a magnetic mount today from Walmart. It doesn’t work through my Pelican Case unfortunately. Looks like I’m going back to the cradle mounts like in my work truck.

The one I posted a link to is super strong.

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you know if it’ll support a phone through a case?

I tried it with mine today with a Spec grip case, which has the ridges on the back. I am using the smaller plate. It did hold, but I could see how bumps might knock it loose. I would venture to guess the larger plate would actually hold it, but I don't want to swap plates to test it. However, my Wife also uses the Spec grip case, I'll throw the larger plate on her phone and see what happens.