Show us your Katzkins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the degreez. I live in Texas and had it installed this summer so I haven't used the heat yet but the cooling actually gets quite cool. I frequently turn it down after a bit from the top setting midway through my commute. It isn't like some OEM seats that are only ventilated, these use the peltier effect to actually lower the temp of the air before it's blown through the holes in the seats.

Very cool (pun intended!)

Yeah I never liked the idea of just pushing cabin air through the seats. My wife's Lexus has ventilated seats, they are OK but not something I would *have* to have. Now if they used peltier plates that would be a different story. Clearly it makes a huge difference!

I couldnt find a way to buy just the Degreez stuff separately and since I planned on installing my seat covers myself, I just went with factory heated cloth seats. I also preferred to have the factory controls, at least for the front seats. Maybe completely unnecessary but it looks cooler :)

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put these in my 2017 Express it is a project but one I felt was time well spent the Katzskins are of very good quality. I ordered a custom 2 tone look with Black/Grey I also added seat heaters to the front seats. Love the look and feel. It really isn't too difficult to do just time consuming and take your time to get it done right.IMG_1739.JPG IMG_1739.JPG IMG_1740.JPG

DanH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Attached are iphotos of the Katzkin seat covers. Had a local (approved) shop do the install and ordered the seat covers. I saw these on line in a Rubicon.
Was looking for something different and it was nicer than what I was trying to come up with. Very happy with the job. I smile every time I get in. Of course, everyone comments on them, probably because of the red and "different" type of design. Really don't care much if anyone else likes them, I do
so that's all that matters. Truck is 2019 RAM Classic 4 months old...

front.jpg

rear.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Attached are iphotos of the Katzkin seat covers. Had a local (approved) shop do the install and ordered the seat covers. I saw these on line in a Rubicon.
Was looking for something different and it was nicer than what I was trying to come up with. Very happy with the job. I smile every time I get in. Of course, everyone comments on them, probably because of the red and "different" type of design. Really don't care much if anyone else likes them, I do

View attachment 180282

View attachment 180283

I like it!

PM-ed you with some questions about the install.

-Chris

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 180282

View attachment 180283

Those look great, and it looks like they did an excellent job on the install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_0093.jpg

Looks plain compared to what this other guys are doing lol. Ignore the wrinkles they worked themselves out once summer hit.

slam 425

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 e-torque
Has anyone used roadwire leather seats for a retro fit?
Offered through Costco for 1299$ including professional installation also have options for adding carbon fiber seat heaters for 449$ installed
Option for black;gray; or cordovan brown.
Haven’t pulled trigger yet still deciding if I’m trading in for a new 1500
Also what do the katzkin seats cost?
I’m assuming all different based on patterns and colors and stitching just trying to get an idea.

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Katzkin set was around $800 and I did the install myself was time consuming but with patients attention to detail it will come out great.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I paid $400 for the set on eBay, then like $250-300 to have a local place install them. Time was not on my side and I didn’t feel like dealing with installing them myself, had them install the Katskin seat heaters while they were there and just had them leave the wiring hanging out the bottom for me to finish it up.

(I just wanted something better then the stock express cloth but also didn’t want something over the top since it’s my work truck and there’s a chance I might get paint on then from my profession, I still cover them up when I’m working with paint but I sure would be pissed if I got some paint on some of the other fancier sets you guys are rocking )

slam 425

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 e-torque
Thanks purplert
And awpratt didn’t realize they would be that reasonable