Sick Of Driving Blind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

winesalot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I am getting tired of driving at night and not being able to see. (Admittedly age is setting in and night driving is getting a bit more difficult, lol.). I've done the 'polish the lens' fix and it helped but I wasn't excited about the result. I would like to replace the entire lens assembly with a more modern headlight that works better and won't fade. What would you recommend?

Hasek

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What year truck? If its a 3rd gen up easiest would be buying new superbright bulbs

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got tired of polishing mine. I replaced the headlight assemblies with new ones from Eagle Eyes. Looked just like the originals (Sport style). If you don’t have a Sport model already, then you can upgrade to the Sport style headlights that use two bulbs instead of one. I also use Sylvania Silverstar bulbs for a little extra oomph. There are also a lot of bright LED bulbs available that are supposed to plug right in, but I don’t personally care for putting LEDs on a classic truck.

Twocar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I just replaced mine on a 2000 Dodge Ram SLT Laramie 2wd with Sylvania 9007 SZ Gold and now my high beam indicator stays on with either high or low beams and my fog lights only work with the headlights off completely (and I do understand they cut off with high beams, but even on low). Any ideas?