Side step recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbctmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have Mopar side steps that were installed by the dealer when I bought my 2019 2500 CC 4x4 Tradesman. My wife at 5'3" can barely climb in and as I get older, it's harder for me getting in as well. Anyone know of a aftermarket step/running board that has the actual steps lower than the Mopar ones? Had a rental F350 for a month while the Ram was being repaired after I got rear-ended and the Ford running boards were quite a bit lower and much easier for us to get into the cab. Both trucks are about the same height to the bottom of the doors. I am completely stock, no lift or larger tires. Thanks!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've used NFab step bars on all my 2500 trucks and am very pleased with them.

They do hang a bit lower, you can get a full boot into the step, the powdercoat holds up very well and they will even take a hit and with a little tweaking bolt right back on to the truck.

There are a lot of step bars out there to choose from. Good luck with your choice.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have Mopar side steps that were installed by the dealer when I bought my 2019 2500 CC 4x4 Tradesman. My wife at 5'3" can barely climb in and as I get older, it's harder for me getting in as well. Anyone know of a aftermarket step/running board that has the actual steps lower than the Mopar ones? Had a rental F350 for a month while the Ram was being repaired after I got rear-ended and the Ford running boards were quite a bit lower and much easier for us to get into the cab. Both trucks are about the same height to the bottom of the doors. I am completely stock, no lift or larger tires. Thanks!
Amp Research are the go to steps for east entry exit. They come down a lot lower and offer a nice solid platform

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
My wife is 5' 4" she has no problem what so ever getting in to or out of my 2022 2500 CC 4x4 with Mopar running boards and it higher off the ground then my old 2006 4x4 Ram 2500.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I installed Aries power steps. Gives you 2 steps instead of one. Wife needed a hip replacement and this made it easy for her both before and after surgery.

Attachments

• IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 15

Redfour5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue but thankfully saw the problem before installing side steps. I bit the bullet and went with the AMP power steps. The price can take your breath away unless you are capable of installing them yourself but they are perfect and come down to a level that is right at perfect for entry including the dogs who at first jumped back but now use as a jump step and for coming down. And they just hide when done. My installer "Auto Concepts" out of Helena MT said he has been putting lots of them on over the years and has them on his truck and has had like one come back previous generation version. They have a five year complete warranty on them. I'm lucky to have this installer as they have been around here for like 20 years.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're considering power sidesteps then I and many others here will suggest Mopar Power Running Boards. They integrate with Uconnect (VERY handy) and are quite stout, and they don't block your OBD port (not a huge deal either way). Price-wise you can get them for about 1200-1300 if you shop. Installation is not very difficult if you're a DIY'er.

The best part is they come down way farther and further out than any fixed step. My Dad and in-laws are all in their low 80's and they can get in and out easily.