side steps/running boards. Probably a dead horse, but hey.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
OEM Mopar boards on my 1996 Dodge 2500, factory installed. I would say the OEM stuff stands up pretty good.

1673884560318.png

Power Boards on new truck. Much easier to get in and out of as they cut the step up in half, completely out of the way when driving.

1673884722310.png

1673884759662.png

JoeZee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Contact Benny at

AllMoparParts.com he is a preferred vendor here if you want OEM or check your dealer !​

I have OEM wheel to wheel on my 2015 Quad cab since 2016 or 2017 and are still looking good even from living in the Rust Belt of Maine
If I remember right they were $600.00 installed at my dealer
Go to RealTruck.com I just bought a gator tonneau cover for my Ram 2500 for a great price!! They also have step bars that look great too

Acat96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had a few sets of OEM Running Boards on my Ram Classics 82211702AE Black Running boards
They have held up very well and are of good quality ,, 9dcc29dd7a8e2a01f3dc702ddac45747x.jpg

stdyrln

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just keep in mind rock sliders and running boards/steps are not the same things- most of the shown examples are very thin walled comfort items that take away from overall clearance. Most are just surface mounted to the pinch welds or use nut/ inserts- just fine for getting in an out- but put the weight if the truck against them and they will fail. The cheaper they are typically the more flimsy they are attached.

Uncle Damo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted something with a reasonable step but also didn't hang down too low like many of them. Ended up with these Go Rhino boards. They attach to factory locations without any drilling and are very sturdy. I've had two 200# men on a board and no flex at all. IMO they look pretty good as well if you're wanting a low profile and rugged appearance.

Go Rhino 6" Boards

Screenshot_20230116_081805_Photos.jpg20210526_190227.jpg

Ralph Mauro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got mine from Linex they specialize in bed liner spray in Peterborough ON. Canada and they came with a lifetime warrantee

Cwar1972

Reaction score
Originally from Wisconsin, currently in Washington
Ram Year
Engine
FYI:OEM Bars on 2013 and up classics

I’m not sure if anyone has brought this point up yet. I have a 2014 1500 crew cab, that has a set of OEM bars on it. When I tried to put mudflaps on it shortly after picking it up I discovered that wasn’t possible. The oem bars extend far enough towards the front that any molded mudflaps either won’t fit or will be in contact with it, and the contoured inner fender wells won’t take a flat flap. At 45 mph with a set of the Husky liner molded on the front and it felt like a jackhammer was mounted under the truck. The dealer I bought the flaps from solved the problem for $20. He unbolted the bar from the mounting bracket took the plastic end cap off cut 3/4-1” off the bar, drilled a set screw hole and reinstalled the end cap. 130,000 miles and 8 years later the husky liners are still doing great!!!

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Been there done that. Went through 2 sets of aftermarket eBay tube type steps. Each lasted about 2 years. Finally put a set of OEM on that I got on eBay brand new, cheaper than the aftermarket ones and they are excellent. I had to install the riv-nuts in the factory location and bought the tool on Amazon.

Attachments

• 20210119_145109.jpg
    20210119_145109.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 9

sottis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I also have the chrome 5" Raptors on my 2010 4x4 CC - 13 years and going strong.

GM26J

Reaction score
I'd encourage you to look for oem takoffs. When I installed PRBs I sold my practically new boards for $250.

ranchhopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Im old school I prefer polished aluminum diamond plate boards and bed rail protectors. These are dee zee boards since I buy made in america they were a little pricey but nice and have good solid mounting brackets. I didnt like how far they hung down so I raised the brackets 1 1/2 inch and cut the same off the top of the back flange of the boards. The fasteners were pretty obviously made in china crap so they went into the garbage and I mounted them with stainless steel hardware.

Attachments

• rb2.jpg
    rb2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 3
  • rb1.jpg
    rb1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 3

Olecarguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS Etorque
So, due to family and friends, I find myself needing some running boards/side steps. I have a black 2013 sport with crew cab and hoping to keep the budget under $500. I think I'd prefer black, but could justify chrome because my truck has chrome wheels and badging.

My fears of buying online are the following:
1) product that rusts after less than 1 year
2) product comes damaged and I have to pay return shipping
3) product comes as "new" but is clearly a return

That being said I see there are some very affordable Chinese options on amazon and ebay.

My questions are:
1) recommendations as far as brand? Is there a crossroad of affordable and reliable?
2) recommendations as far as type. Are the tubalar ones practical? I sort of prefer them visually, but seems the wide flat ones would be more usable although shin busting?
3) I would like a wheel to wheel option so I could use it to reach into the bed also, they don't really seem to always say if they are, so I assume most are not?

Thanks in advance if anyone actually reads and offers a recommendation
So, I've been through the same issues in finding running boards for a Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Gladiator. Ordered and returned several sets on Amazon due to poor quality, poor fit, resold boxes, etc. Won't ever do it again. Ultimately went OEM and don't regret it one bit. Put OEM on my new RAM 1500.

As far as pricing, unless your looking for a $200 Chinese unit I'd encourage you to do the same, especially since there are OEM discounters which can get you close on price to the better quality aftermarket units.

I've found buying MOPAR and Toyota parts from BAM Wholesale to be the best in terms of price and communications, even on weekends. These guys are very responsive to email inquiries regarding availability, proper part numbers for my vehicles, etc. before ordering and provided delivery even before estimates on special order items. I've checked their site. They offer several OEM options under $500. (NO I DON"T WORK FOR THEM lol)

Other than that, maybe check same part numbers choose in vendors listed in vendor section of this site.

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, due to family and friends, I find myself needing some running boards/side steps. I have a black 2013 sport with crew cab and hoping to keep the budget under $500. I think I'd prefer black, but could justify chrome because my truck has chrome wheels and badging.

That being said I see there are some very affordable Chinese options on amazon and ebay.

My questions are:
1) recommendations as far as brand? Is there a crossroad of affordable and reliable?
2) recommendations as far as type. Are the tubalar ones practical? I sort of prefer them visually, but seems the wide flat ones would be more usable although shin busting?
3) I would like a wheel to wheel option so I could use it to reach into the bed also, they don't really seem to always say if they are, so I assume most are not?

I have a 2004 Ram and I have the Mopar tubular in chrome. I've had them on since the truck was new. They have held up great with no rust and Michigan winters.

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My questions are:

You know I always run factory steps. They seem to last longer. That body style was made till 2019. Should be able to find some maybe on EBay. Or goggle it

Eclipse Aries

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had the raptors on a 2014 CC since I bought the truck used in 2019. The boards are fine, the black plastic pads are not. Need to replace all 4 again. It's got me looking for a replacement board. They also get very slick in mud and snow

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a set of TAC Step Side boards from Amazon they lasted me 4 years before I traded the truck. No sign if rust and they looked good. They cost me $180. I would have bought them again but my new truck has power running boards. They bolt right up with no problem. If memory serves it took me about 2 hours to install them. For $180 bucks you can't go wrong.