Signing papers tomorrow…2 decisions to make…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do I spend an extra $2,900 and get the sport appearance package, LED package and upgraded Nav radio?? It bumps my payment $57 total. I’m a cheap guy by nature so I hate spending money. Thoughts? Thanks!

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Do I spend an extra $2,900 and get the sport appearance package, LED package and upgraded Nav radio?? It bumps my payment $57 total. I’m a cheap guy by nature so I hate spending money. Thoughts? Thanks!
Lights and Sport package get my vote, I wouldn't bother with the NAV.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I read up on the 2022 Rams
under the radio in formation, you get Sirius XM for 6 months trial period.
If you don't sign up for Sirius after 6 months is up

It reads that the radio loses something
Hopefully is just Sirius XM

it did not say if that something was AM/FM, Bluetooth, touch controls, or what. ??

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'm not cheap but I am frugal. When I was putting together the order for my 2022 Longhorn, I had several choices to make. In my case, I typically keep my vehicles for the duration of the MaxCare service agreement which is 8 years. So I picked and choose what I really wanted and left off what I really didn't find a need for.

RAM Boxes out, multi-functional tailgate in. No sunroof, never use them in the vehicles that had them, no 4-corner air, why. No trailer backup, I don't drive off-road, and I've been backing trailers for 50 years without a dash knob.

In your case, I would not get the sport appearance package, you can see it when driving. Forget the NAV, it really isn't very good. It came in my trim but I use Android Audio and Waze. Definitely get the upgrade exterior lighting.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dump the Nav, like everyone mentioned there are better alternatives. I have it and never use it.
Sport appearance package is going to be a personal preference thing, if you like it get it.

I love the LED lights but there is one huge downside to them. If (when) they burn out you have to replace the entire light assembly and they are ridiculously expensive. You are probably talking $1000+ for a headlight. They "should" last a long time but something to keep in mind, I have seen them fail sooner then you would expect.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport and lights yes , Nav,.... A no for me. I use Android Auto for Nav.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

it did not say if that something was AM/FM, Bluetooth, touch controls, or what. ??
You will only lose Sirius.

OP
OP
A

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You can always renew your Sirius subscription.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can always renew your Sirius subscription.
If you have one Sirius subscription you can get the app on your phone free then plug it in to the ACC jack on any car you use.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will only lose Sirius.
YUP, only Sirius Application, and if U get a fancier radio with the NAV, U connect stuff, it still works but U have to pay to upgrade the NAV stuff. Just Lights be my vote, which is what I have on my 2019 and LED lighting which I have. I will never go back to Quad/Halogen lighting. The appearance package: That is a personal do U want some extra bling appearance, that is just a choice OP U have to decide on.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Don't ask me, I have a loaded Limited. I say yes to everything lol
Yes, yes, and yes LOL. Actually, I agree with most everyone about the nav. It's not something I use much, if ever. I used my car play on our trip to Montana last year.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Do I spend an extra $2,900... It bumps my payment $57 total.
It costs $2900.....nevermind the payment. Is NAV (you can use Google maps instead), LED lights (my old eyes like them), and the sport appearance package worth $2,900 to you? $2,900 will buy some nice aftermarket wheels with some left over for larger tires.... $2,900 will buy electric entry steps, window tint, bedliner, etc...$2,900 will buy a lot of things. You decide, I know it's tough...been there.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just to add my $.02...YES to the LED's for sure. Not sure what the sport package costs by itself but I do love the look (I dont have the the sport package but I got a set of takeoff Sport wheels which I LOVE)...but that one is too subjective...you gotta decide that one on your own. NO to any extra money for factory NAV.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I have that stuff so I say yes, get it. the hood is not functional but it looks good and sets you apart a little from all the others. I always get nav and it works great for me. as for the LED's, they work fine. to me it seems like they light up a narrow band of objects far away but dont put out as much general light on the road just in front of me. on curvy country roads I find myself using the fog lights too to light things up all round the near front of me better. YMMV

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have that stuff so I say yes, get it. the hood is not functional but it looks good and sets you apart a little from all the others. I always get nav and it works great for me.
Hood?

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
the sport package on my "19 came with a different hood