Silencing rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Almost put this in Audio because it's related to cabin noise impacting audio quality.

I used pipe cleaners on the package tray strut mounts to tighten them and keep them from rattling.

I also used felt to cushion the various package tray panels that rest against each other. I have my seat folded up and my sub sitting on the folded package tray. Nice solid and quiet.

If you have any squeak or rattle fixes, please post them. Inside or out.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Has anyone ever used the white latex based foaming insulation in a can to inflate your rubber door seals? I've read about it and it seemed like a good idea since that type of insulation stays spongy instead of hard like the urethane based stuff.

Was thinking I would take a can with me to the junk yard and see how well it works. Mine are flat. They still seal just fine, but at 70 I do hear some wind noise.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
While I don't currently have a lot of squeaks (none actually), I went ahead and bought "Tesa 51608, 15m X 19mm Adhesive Wiring Loom Cloth Tape" on Amazon. It's a fuzzy on the outside tape used for wrapping wires under the dash to keep them quiet, but I figure I can put a strip anywhere two panels meet if needed, or on the back edge of the glove box door where it meets up against the dash, etc. I've seen several examples where this type of tape was used on panels but had deteriorated over the years.
Just in case you anyone needs help with squeaks.