Silly ass question but I got to ask

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would a one inch block and a two inch add a leaf give you the same amount of lift as a three inch block? My reason is I believe that my 3 inch block is causing me some axle wrap and I was looking for some alternatives. I have ran both tapered that came with the lift and straight cut blocks with the same results.

Thanks , Al

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GET RID OF LARGE LIFT BLOCKS IF YOU CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyMac inspired me to write this. I hated my my three inch lift blocks from the first day that I put them in. First they look horrible and they made my truck ride like crap. But mainly was the axel wrap and pinion angle. I could not afford to have custom springs made. That was two grand and most of the lift companies (that I could find) only offered 5 inch premade spring sets. So I did some asking and research and got 10 different answers from ten different businesses. This is what i settled with and it absolutely killed it. I used a straight one inch block and a set of full length 2 inch add a leaf springs. Not the short stubby one but full length ones. I removed my entire leaf spring packs and disassembled them. I placed the add-a-leaf between my over load spring (bottom one ) and my leaf pack. Using a torsion key remover clamp (aka ball joint kit clamp) I compressed my springs back and put in my new center pins. I used the new plastic push in circles between the springs. I wound up undoing the bottom of my shocks and removing the drive shaft so that I had complete control of the rear end. Loosening your shackles is a huge plus !! when lining up everything to go back in. Using the new u-bolts and lock nuts that came with the one inch block kit i got it all back together. I know it sounds like a lot but its really not hard at all. i used one floor jack and all Ryobi 18volt tools. No air. I could tell immediately that this was one solid unit. The ride is tight no bouncing or teeth jarring rear end. My shifts are way more solid and the acceleration is hard and smooth. If allowed I will include the part numbers that I used and I will upload a few pics. One thing to remember on my truck It had a center pin and then a circle type pressed in pin that I had to grind down. Hope this helps someone !!!!

IMG_6493.jpg

I left my u-bolts and center pin a tad long. i will cut and level them after i retorque in 500 or so miles.

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Very interesting write up !
I will never do a lift but enjoyed reading about it !
You will be helping someone for sure ! Good write up

Prism

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. You can get lifting shackles too if you want to adjust the lift. I've got 4" blocks in the rear of mine(Zone 6" lift). I've been thinking of going with traction bars personally. That'll cure most if not all the axle wrap. I gotta replace my driver side leaf pack since it sags about 1.5" compared to the passenger side so I might get some lifted leafsprings. First I gotta replace my worn out rack and pinion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963