Silly Question(s)...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang man, I'm not that fast! :D That's cool though. It may get to that when my routine kicks in. SO far I must have trimmed down 30 minutes. Had the truck for about 2 months.

I was a big user of Poorboy's World products due to their direct sunlight application possibilities (with common sense of course). But the fact that most detailing products stain the black trim, I was looking to find a different product that would apply in direct sun and would be black trim friendly. So, after searching a bit, I decided to give Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions a try... I was never a TW fan before, I thought their products needed to be re-thought and were just meh... But this stuff is different. Applies in a jiffy, the polish is actually pretty good, the spay coating is also easy and the best part, works in direct sun and doesn't stain black trim. Heck, I apply it on my black plastic mirrors! (not the polish)

So now, time will tell. Don't know how durable it is and all. The results are freakin great, looks better the next day when the product has cured! I wanted to take more pics using my DSLR and that decided to crap out. So my thread in the detailing forum doesn't really show the true finish as they are taken with my Galaxy s20.

I've never tried Adams products, they are on my list for sure. I also like CG products, that banana is awesome! :)

EDIT: Sorry, I use the TW HS Ceramic 3 in 1 Detailer.

TW seems to have come a long ways. I have been detailing cars for the last 20 years. I car showed for 15 years. Poorboys was real popular in the car show world back 10+ years ago. I used a similar product back then called Mooreshine excellent scratch hider until you washed it lol. CG and Adams currently seem to be top of the line and I am impressed with once you do something how long it actually lasts.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ah, I saw your turtle wax post, it just dawned on me that when you said TW, that’s what it means lol.
Why two coats of wax? I don’t plan on waxing again until it’s closer to fall. I usually wait till the shade hits the truck before I wash because spots.

Yeah you'll notice in the detailing world, we use acronyms. :D

They recommend 2 coats for the longest protection, they say up to 1 year. (I doubt that). But I maintain with their detailer so it should be good. I'm doing another full detail before winter hits, for me that's end of November usually. But you definitely don't need 2 coats, 1 is good.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
TW seems to have come a long ways. I have been detailing cars for the last 20 years. I car showed for 15 years. Poorboys was real popular in the car show world back 10+ years ago. I used a similar product back then called Mooreshine excellent scratch hider until you washed it lol. CG and Adams currently seem to be top of the line and I am impressed with once you do something how long it actually lasts.

Dude that awesome! Yeah been using PB's for quite some time now, since mid-early 2000's! :D

I'm really always opened to trying new products, that's why I have waaaaaay too many in my arsenal. I have a lot in my Amazon wish list waiting to be purchased. But I need to use up some of my other stuff.

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dude that awesome! Yeah been using PB's for quite some time now, since mid-early 2000's! :D

I'm really always opened to trying new products, that's why I have waaaaaay too many in my adrenal. I have a lot in my Amazon wish list waiting to be purchased. But I need to use up some of my other stuff.
I understand that. I don't want to know what I have spent lol.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Bigs I took my Charger out on a little road trip last night and it was filthy. This is the Adams Graphene. I never had to touch the paint with a mit. It took all the bigs and stuff off. You can also see how I have everything ready to go to save time. I was done in about 25 minutes and that was detailing the outside, inside, and doing all of the trim with VRP.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.56.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.56.21 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.56.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.56.33 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.56.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.56.11 AM.png
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 5