Silly thing I know but.... Canadian Coin holder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soooo...that Rambler was kickin' your butt? Lol.
After I wrecked my '66 Impala, 283 and 2 spd Powerglide, my old man "made" me buy something slower. (I was 17). A '68 Rambler American, 199 cu. in. straight 6 with a one bbl carb. yeah, it was def. s-l-o-w-e-r!!! Got a ticket for not paying the Edison toll, went to court, beat it! Yes, Very good ole days for sure.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not think so, hee hee......... Blew up that 396, put in a bored out 327, took out broken 3 speed on tree, chiseled out hole in floorboard, put in 4 speed saginaw on floorboard. We had reversed the rods and the gears were reversed, ROFLMAO, we never did fix that. Ran dat puppy till after 3rd set of TRW mains ($32.00 those days), put in 3 gallons of oil and drove to junk yard. Not get any better than that, hee hee

ADDED; The ole RamRod, AMC atit's best, lmao

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not think so, hee hee......... Blew up that 396, put in a bored out 327, took out broken 3 speed on tree, chiseled out hole in floorboard, put in 4 speed saginaw on floorboard. We had reversed the rods and the gears were reversed, ROFLMAO, we never did fix that. Ran dat puppy till after 3rd set of TRW mains ($32.00 those days), put in 3 gallons of oil and drove to junk yard. Not get any better than that, hee hee

ADDED; The ole RamRod, AMC atit's best, lmao
Ahhhhh, 3 on the tree not made for racin'.
1st gear is in yer lap
2nd gear is up by the windshield &
3rd gear is in the glovebox! hahahahaha!

At 18, built my 1st engine. Scrounged 327 bored .030 over, made it a 331. Still got one twisted rod & piston with chunks of "unbreakable" Manley SS valves embedded in the top of that nice shiny 11.25:1 aluminum piston. I keep it as a reminder. NEVER let your drunk ass friend drive your 4 spd.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhhhh, 3 on the tree not made for racin'.
1st gear is in yer lap
2nd gear is up by the windshield &
3rd gear is in the glovebox! hahahahaha!

At 18, built my 1st engine. Scrounged 327 bored .030 over, made it a 331. Still got one twisted rod & piston with chunks of "unbreakable" Manley SS valves embedded in the top of that nice shiny 11.25:1 aluminum piston. I keep it as a reminder. NEVER let your drunk ass friend drive your 4 spd.

Hee hee, when I tell people that I had a 67 with 3 on da tree, they all go: No way, not done, not built, did not come that way. That 67 had the hardest, stiffest clutch I ever had to drive in my entire life: Even worse than the clutch on a 66 M35A2 (Deuce and a half for the non-military)< hee hee. I think my left leg got twice as strong as the right;;;;;

Well, it was my "friend" that blew my 396 at 222,000 miles. We had put in the 4 speed saginaw, and he was on it. 1st good, 2nd good, 3rd, he missed red lined it and away all Pistons, grrrrrrrr.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Hee hee, when I tell people that I had a 67 with 3 on da tree, they all go: No way, not done, not built, did not come that way. That 67 had the hardest, stiffest clutch I ever had to drive in my entire life: Even worse than the clutch on a 66 M35A2 (Deuce and a half for the non-military)< hee hee. I think my left leg got twice as strong as the right;;;;;

Well, it was my "friend" that blew my 396 at 222,000 miles. We had put in the 4 speed saginaw, and he was on it. 1st good, 2nd good, 3rd, he missed red lined it and away all Pistons, grrrrrrrr.
Exactly the same! Unbelievable right?
My idiot friend missed 4th gear also! TWICE! Trans was a Muncie M21 just rblt and slick as grease. Who misses 4th gear??
Pinned my 5" Sun Super tach at 8 grand. Twice. BOOM. Motor went, split the block, bent 2 rods, broke 5 valves, cracked one head. This motor only had 200 miles on it since built. It was balanced & blue printed. Still tight as hell. Would have turned 8k once it had 1500 miles on it. Very expensive friend. I'm not alone after all. LOL

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly the same! Unbelievable right?
My idiot friend missed 4th gear also! TWICE! Trans was a Muncie M21 just rblt and slick as grease. Who misses 4th gear??
Pinned my 5" Sun Super tach at 8 grand. Twice. BOOM. Motor went, split the block, bent 2 rods, broke 5 valves, cracked one head. This motor only had 200 miles on it since built. It was balanced & blue printed. Still tight as hell. Would have turned 8k once it had 1500 miles on it. Very expensive friend. I'm not alone after all. LOL

oh YEAH, I never had the $$$$ for the fancy chit. Heck, we got that Saginaw outta junk yard. Used a "dowel" to align the clutch pressure plate, lol. Bolted that puppy up. Friggin 1st, granny just never quite synced, grind em if not careful and let dat clutch out too fast, lock it up, squeal, and next thing U know look in rear view and there be da PO PO, lmao

Yeah, them old blued motors, U had to break em in real nice, U not dare go near any Tach 8K revs, lol. When 396 blew, rod came through block. I would have rebuilt that 396, but it was just really hard to come up with the $$$ to do, and unless U bought a new "refurbished" block, U had to do the junk yard dog routine. Just not worth it why we dropped a 327 in there. Pick it up, put on ground. Unbolt trans, pull few wires and hoses, pull out 396, drop in 327, almost crate motor like. I couldn't do that on ne of this new stuff, I am just too stuck in the 60's, early 70's, the technology beyond this Boird's capability...

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
oh YEAH, I never had the $$$$ for the fancy chit. Heck, we got that Saginaw outta junk yard. Used a "dowel" to align the clutch pressure plate, lol. Bolted that puppy up. Friggin 1st, granny just never quite synced, grind em if not careful and let dat clutch out too fast, lock it up, squeal, and next thing U know look in rear view and there be da PO PO, lmao

Yeah, them old blued motors, U had to break em in real nice, U not dare go near any Tach 8K revs, lol. When 396 blew, rod came through block. I would have rebuilt that 396, but it was just really hard to come up with the $$$ to do, and unless U bought a new "refurbished" block, U had to do the junk yard dog routine. Just not worth it why we dropped a 327 in there. Pick it up, put on ground. Unbolt trans, pull few wires and hoses, pull out 396, drop in 327, almost crate motor like. I couldn't do that on ne of this new stuff, I am just too stuck in the 60's, early 70's, the technology beyond this Boird's capability...
Stuck Right there with ya.
Set the points gap with a matchbook cover (0.016"), tach/dwell meter, timing light 4 degrees BTDC. Get somebody to turn the key while you beat on the started with a rachet. Set the carbs by smelling the exhaust, Done. No more brother. Party's over. Gotta go to college now

jbrown5030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm not even sure what coin holder you guys are talking about, but I feel like I need to jump in and yell something about Tim Hortons donuts and Kraft dinner.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm not even sure what coin holder you guys are talking about, but I feel like I need to jump in and yell something about Tim Hortons donuts and Kraft dinner.

ram-1500---all-quarters-change-holder-by-cbalde04

-K

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
you haven't been to Edmonton... haha
Edmonton is only really bad where they put malls in highway medians. Nobody seems to know how to press down on the go peddle when they pull out onto the road in front of you or they sit there forever when you want to leave because they're chicken or the politically correct poultry canadians.

Fishhaggis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting conversation. I have been looking for the Canadian version of the coin holder and no luck. Weird. It’s a small thing, but a routine issue, with parking meters and timmie runs. Gets annoying after awhile.