Silverado wheels on a Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a 2010 Silverado, trading it in for a 2021 ram when it gets here. Taking factory chrome (actually Escalade wheels) off the Silverado and either selling them or will they fit the Ram? I used the wheel-size website to verify that the lug pattern is the same. The center bore on the Chevy (78.1) is slightly larger than the Ram (77.8). Is this a problem?
The wheels and tires aren’t worth a ton, but i can sell them if they won’t fit. I don’t love any factory option for the ram so I’m ordering them with the basic 18s until i can figure out what i want after market. Being able to use my chrome rims with decent tires could buy me a year or two.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ignoring the hub size for a minute, you didn't mention the diameter of the silverado wheels. Minimum wheel size for the 5th gens is 18 inches, and even then there are 18" aftermarket wheels that won't fit over the calipers.

In the past I've run wheels with oversized hubs on quite a few different vehicles with no problems. Although none of those were 4x4 or even awd. The lug nuts will center the wheel on the hub, so as long as they are properly torqued I don't see why they would be a problem as long as they clear the calipers.

Having said all that, there's no way I can condone running Escalade wheels on a Ram truck :chair:

OP
OP
J

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’ll have to forgive me then, the Ram is a great looking truck but Dodge has no idea how to make a good looking wheel in my opinion and sadly most aftermarket companies have no idea how to make a durable chrome finish.

The wheels are 20”. I’d still prefer to sell them and the 18” factory rims to upgrade to something better on the Ram, but this encourages me to not let them go too cheap.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would try them, if they fit and no vibrations you should be good to go.
I wouldn't hesitate to run another manufacturer rim on my truck, I agree there aren't many good looking options from Ram and the ones that are decent are only on the high end packages.

Check to make sure the wheel stud size is the same between the two and that the offset is close.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
.012” clearance, clamp lug nuts to spec. Could machine a .006” thick hub centric ring if you have a precision lathe :D J/k, buy some .005” shim stock and wrap it around...

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad to see the brand loyalty here is as great as it is over at the Chevy sites. I guess that encourages me that starting the switch from GM is the right move. I've got 4 Chevy/GMC trucks to replace in the next few years, hopefully Ram was the right move for the first one and if so there will be more.

So if all of you are so opposed to putting a slick set of 20" chrome wheels on my truck just because they happen to come on an Escalade, show me some better options. Non factory options, I've looked at all of them and besides the limited 22's I wouldn't dare run any of them on the truck, and even those I wouldn't be too excited about.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
You show me yours and I’ll show you mine!

escalade 2 way bling bling on eBay

EBA2D50D-58C5-4BEE-87BD-A1751DEE30D0.jpeg

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So if all of you are so opposed to putting a slick set of 20" chrome wheels on my truck just because they happen to come on an Escalade, show me some better options. Non factory options, I've looked at all of them and besides the limited 22's I wouldn't dare run any of them on the truck, and even those I wouldn't be too excited about.
I'd like to help out but here's no way you and I will agree on wheels if you like chrome. But if I was going with 18's I'd go with the Rebel blackout wheels...

Rebel blackout.JPG

OP
OP
J

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View media item 29789
Mine are the CK375 (top right photo). They're knockoffs though because the factory originals are 22". I should have gotten the 22's though because aftermarket chrome is usually lousy. I also have a blank center cap so it's not like I'll be rolling around with bowties on my ram.

Note to you Ram lovers - Please try not to throw up on your keyboards when you see this Silverado on your screen. And yes, that's rust on the ground under the rear end. This 11 year old 80k mile truck that has been waxed twice per year is rusting from the inside out just about everywhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like to help out but here's no way you and I will agree on wheels if you like chrome. But if I was going with 18's I'd go with the Rebel blackout wheels...

View attachment 218578

Looks good. I'm not opposed to non-chrome options, but I REALLY like chrome on white trucks and that's what I've ordered.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad to see the brand loyalty here is as great as it is over at the Chevy sites. I guess that encourages me that starting the switch from GM is the right move. I've got 4 Chevy/GMC trucks to replace in the next few years, hopefully Ram was the right move for the first one and if so there will be more.

It's your truck. If you think caddy wheels look cool on it, go for it. There's guys out there running rubber bands on 24" rims. I hate those too.

6.4LMegaMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Not everyone likes big wheels. I sure didn't until I stumbled into a deal too good to pass up on a Silverado back in 2014 that just so happened to have factory 22s on it. I ended up buying it and put 305/55R22s on it and thought it looked good. Loved that truck until I wanted to get serious into camping and needed to have higher payload. Here are those rims... still think those are some sweet rims for what they are.
Do what makes you happy man. I took a nasty nasty beating from my friends for riding on "dubs" and chop chop and all that **** for a few years lol. Now I run 37s on 18s. Who knows what will be next!?8ece742b222caa41b5df157b48660d34.jpgd775e258c4beb1c1fb7cd9a67ca98753.jpg1f82d46e1a588bcde558ea8b1a54cea2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque Hemi
I bought a 2019 Laramie with the black package, but hated the rims. I put my Chevy Avalanche rims on and they work and look great, at least for me.
Ram 2019 - 2.png Ram 2019 - 1.png

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Chrome rims look out of place to me on an otherwise black truck. But you're the only one you really need to please and it seems like that's the case. Glad you're happy with the look! :cheers:

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always wondered why 1500 Ram's before 2020 only had 5 lugs instead of 6 like the other manufacturers. Even my 2018 Lone Star 4X4 1500 has only 5 lugs especially with the big wheels and tires.

Last edited: