Sirius & GPS on fritz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swalton3005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Ram 1500. After 7 years of driving my Sirius and GPS stopped working and the compass randomly changes direction. Very Odd. First signs were when I had to drive my truck into a pasture to help pull someone out. My Sirius stopped working "Acquiring Signal". I read somewhere where the receiver was under the driver's side rear seat. So I took it to a car wash and washed out the undercarriage. It worked.
But over a couple of weeks it started up again and now my GPS & compass do not work. GPS has me in a nearby neighborhood and my GPS just randomly changes as I drive. I haven't had anyone check this yet but would love some guidance if I can fix myself. Thanks.

razredge68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the same issue with my 2013 Ram 1500. Compass started acting weird a few weeks ago but cleared up. Then a couple days ago it stopped working and hasn't worked since. I assumed that the issue was with the 8.4A radio since it has been having random issues for the past few years. Just replaced it with a UAQ but the GPS and SXM are still not working. Did you ever find a solution for your issue?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You must have missed an radio software update

Use a small thumb drive

I had to update my radio & GPS & that is what corrected my Navigation

razredge68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 8.4a was running the latest available so it's not that for me. The issue was still there on the UAQ so I'm assuming the GPS antenna is faulty.