Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sirius is loading.................

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Brownbelfry, May 7, 2020.

1. Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Update was ran on Uconnect yesterday. now, Sirius is loading and loading and loading, you know never stopping and never getting to a point where Sirius works. on the phone a long time with both Uconnect and Sirius, switched back and forth between the two places, still not working. instructions Uconnect gave me don't seem to work to reset the radio. hum humming down the road with no sounds.
    truck is a 2020 ram limited with 1900 miles on it. so, I would be jittery if you uopdate your software. the recall notice I received said the fix for the rear camera would be available around the first of may, so I went ahead and ran the update. I am thinking at this point, I would have been better off to not download the update.

2. RamCares

RamCares Senior Member

Ram Year:
    n/a
    Engine:
    n/a
    I am so sorry to hear about this! If we can help, send us a PM with your VIN.

Kaitlin
    Ram Cares

3. nmckean

nmckean Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Yea I’m in the same boat, no xm radio.. auto climate control went crazy too.. all this update did was screw up my truck that was working just fine.

4. Brownbelfry

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Update...Dealer couldn't get Sirius to load either. Radio needed to be replaced. Still waiting for the new radio to arrive. So, no Sirius radio in truck now for over a month, Kinda defeats/shortens the 1 year free trial Sirius radio, doesn't it? All because of downloaded software update....

5. Travelin Ram

Travelin Ram Senior Member

Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
    Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Call Sirius and let them know, they’ll likely give you a free extension. I got one because of some technical glitch that made Sirius unavailable on the Amazon Echo in my garage.

6. Brownbelfry

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    So, here we are. The radio was ordered by the dealer and arrival date was June 1, it is now June 11 and still haven't been contacted by dealer telling me they have a new radio to install. Seems a little like being lost in the forest and not being able to the trees. or forgotten , you know. heh heh.

7. ROy Siewerth

ROy Siewerth Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Mine just says sxm. Pleas wait is this the same issue ?

8. Brownbelfry

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    It sure sounds like it.

9. Bryce Greene

Bryce Greene Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L V8
    There is a program to reimburse you monthly payment if they have your vehicle for more than 30 days.

10. Brownbelfry

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Well, the radio/ weather features/ Sirius has not functioned properly now coming up on 60 days. They did not have possession of said vehicle, but it sure has left a cloud in my mind. You purchase a new truck in good faith, you expect the truck to work properly. I've owned the truck for 5 months...............you do the math...........Who should I contact re: reimbursement of monthly payment? Hadn't heard of this type of program. I've been buying new Ram trucks for 19 years now. In fact I bought 2 new ones in the past six months. It is making me wonder? you know? Thought I was a pretty good customer, but it is getting tough to remain loyal to a brand that has left me hanging; they don't seem to care about or want to get this issue fixed.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020