sirius is loading.................

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Update was ran on Uconnect yesterday. now, Sirius is loading and loading and loading, you know never stopping and never getting to a point where Sirius works. on the phone a long time with both Uconnect and Sirius, switched back and forth between the two places, still not working. instructions Uconnect gave me don't seem to work to reset the radio. hum humming down the road with no sounds.
truck is a 2020 ram limited with 1900 miles on it. so, I would be jittery if you uopdate your software. the recall notice I received said the fix for the rear camera would be available around the first of may, so I went ahead and ran the update. I am thinking at this point, I would have been better off to not download the update.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Update was ran on Uconnect yesterday. now, Sirius is loading and loading and loading, you know never stopping and never getting to a point where Sirius works. on the phone a long time with both Uconnect and Sirius, switched back and forth between the two places, still not working. instructions Uconnect gave me don't seem to work to reset the radio. hum humming down the road with no sounds.
truck is a 2020 ram limited with 1900 miles on it. so, I would be jittery if you uopdate your software. the recall notice I received said the fix for the rear camera would be available around the first of may, so I went ahead and ran the update. I am thinking at this point, I would have been better off to not download the update.

I am so sorry to hear about this! If we can help, send us a PM with your VIN.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

nmckean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I’m in the same boat, no xm radio.. auto climate control went crazy too.. all this update did was screw up my truck that was working just fine.

OP
OP
Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Update...Dealer couldn't get Sirius to load either. Radio needed to be replaced. Still waiting for the new radio to arrive. So, no Sirius radio in truck now for over a month, Kinda defeats/shortens the 1 year free trial Sirius radio, doesn't it? All because of downloaded software update....

OP
OP
Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So, here we are. The radio was ordered by the dealer and arrival date was June 1, it is now June 11 and still haven't been contacted by dealer telling me they have a new radio to install. Seems a little like being lost in the forest and not being able to the trees. or forgotten , you know. heh heh.

Bryce Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
There is a program to reimburse you monthly payment if they have your vehicle for more than 30 days.

OP
OP
Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, the radio/ weather features/ Sirius has not functioned properly now coming up on 60 days. They did not have possession of said vehicle, but it sure has left a cloud in my mind. You purchase a new truck in good faith, you expect the truck to work properly. I've owned the truck for 5 months...............you do the math...........Who should I contact re: reimbursement of monthly payment? Hadn't heard of this type of program. I've been buying new Ram trucks for 19 years now. In fact I bought 2 new ones in the past six months. It is making me wonder? you know? Thought I was a pretty good customer, but it is getting tough to remain loyal to a brand that has left me hanging; they don't seem to care about or want to get this issue fixed.

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Well, the radio/ weather features/ Sirius has not functioned properly now coming up on 60 days. They did not have possession of said vehicle, but it sure has left a cloud in my mind. You purchase a new truck in good faith, you expect the truck to work properly. I've owned the truck for 5 months...............you do the math...........Who should I contact re: reimbursement of monthly payment? Hadn't heard of this type of program. I've been buying new Ram trucks for 19 years now. In fact I bought 2 new ones in the past six months. It is making me wonder? you know? Thought I was a pretty good customer, but it is getting tough to remain loyal to a brand that has left me hanging; they don't seem to care about or want to get this issue fixed.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Racer57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie Night Edition.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2020 Laramie 9,800 miles. Month ago or less had updates/recall taken care of. This morning (7/7/20) got in truck and screen said "XM Loading". Switched to FM and AM and they did not work. Neither did phone. Id make call, but person on other end couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. Next time I started truck screen is completely blank. Next time, everything worked and I assumed there must have been an update going on when I had issues. Late afternoon everything went dead again. Have appointment tomorrow morning. Dealer said they will reinstall. When truck had 1,500 miles the backup camera wouldn't turn off. I've been trading trucks when they have 50,000 miles and paid cash for new going back to late 70's. This will be the last time I ever allow Ram to use me for their Beta testing.

7/8/20
Dealer just called. Said they can not fix it and I will have to wait 1-2 months before Ram has a fix. Anyone want to buy a 2020 truck without a radio ?

Last edited:

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m having same issue.
Ram Laramie Owned less then 9 months. Everything was working perfectly.
Seeing this either my dealer lied or every other Ram they updated have no issues. Ever since I did update I have had the same issues. My radio worked perfectly prior to the update. After all these weeks of going to the dealer waiting on a supposedly new radio as a result I’ve now been informed that they (FCA) stopped the order of the radio and wanted to have a diagnostic test ran and sent to the engineers. After all these weeks waiting on a radio this is bull. It’s getting worst by the day.I asked dealer how long this will take and no real answer.
Ram Care or whomever why can’t you fix this. 6 weeks is way too long. I‘m ready to contact a lawyer or file under the Lemon Law. I have less then 7000 miles on my truck. Unacceptable for a brand new vehicle.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
2020 Laramie 9,800 miles. Month ago or less had updates/recall taken care of. This morning (7/7/20) got in truck and screen said "XM Loading". Switched to FM and AM and they did not work. Neither did phone. Id make call, but person on other end couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. Next time I started truck screen is completely blank. Next time, everything worked and I assumed there must have been an update going on when I had issues. Late afternoon everything went dead again. Have appointment tomorrow morning. Dealer said they will reinstall. When truck had 1,500 miles the backup camera wouldn't turn off. I've been trading trucks when they have 50,000 miles and paid cash for new going back to late 70's. This will be the last time I ever allow Ram to use me for their Beta testing.

7/8/20
Dealer just called. Said they can not fix it and I will have to wait 1-2 months before Ram has a fix. Anyone want to buy a 2020 truck without a radio ?

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I feel your pain, brother, doubt you would get much help from ramcares who monitor this site. trade your ram off for a yellow Chevrolet and then run it off the dam in to the lake. :) I have have not had any luck getting radio issue resolved from the ram cares folks who monitor this forum. three dealers seem to have same response. their hands are tied, no radios. you're the guy stuck making payments, paying insurance, etc. on a broken new truck. it seems for now the best thing to do is trade the truck in for a new truck that works or start going thru the lemon law process. I can suggest you try going to Uconnect and getting the issue assigned to case management person. "The Uconnect Case Management telephone number is: 1-800-826-6632". ibsledge, My circumstance was(is) very, very similar. Sure doesn't feel right to buy a $67,000 truck only to have the company's warranty software update be downloaded and ruin a perfectly functioning radio, no travel reports, have Sirius satelilitliilttltllete radio go bonkers, etc. I bought the truck in good faith thinking the truck would function like it should for longer than a few measley months; I suspect you did as well.

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve now contacted a lemon law lawyer to get info since no one from dealerships etc has a clue what is going on. Pretty tick off as I’m going on 2 months. Ram care are you listening.
[email protected]
Also I will be contacting uconnect as well

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
An update: A new radio has arrived and it is getting installed in the morning. Uconnect customer care has given me several options, max care or tire and oil option or 3 car payments, have owned the truck for six months, or connected services. The Uconnect and Sirius trial for a year I think will be renewed as well. Don't know yet if New one is Uconnect 5 like 2021's are slated to have or not. Will find out. Wasn't too happy for the past few months but it feels better with the options they are offering.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
An update: A new radio has arrived and it is getting installed in the morning. Uconnect customer care has given me several options, max care or tire and oil option or 3 car payments, have owned the truck for six months, or connected services. The Uconnect and Sirius trial for a year I think will be renewed as well. Don't know yet if New one is Uconnect 5 like 2021's are slated to have or not. Will find out. Wasn't too happy for the past few months but it feels better with the options they are offering.
I can almost guarantee it won't be uconnect 5, as that wouldn't be compatible with your truck without major updates that most likely aren't even available yet.
As for your options, I know my choice would be the 3 payments, that would be more valuable to me than any of the others.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well now, another radio has been installed; looked like things were working, but as I arrived home, I put a zip code in the first of the two search boxes on the navigation system. Yep, you guessed it. It could not find the address using the zip code, went offline. Gee golly, gee wizzzzzz, who woulda thunk a new radio might go ahead work properly? BTW, if you haven't looked at the physical radio, you might be surprised. It shore does not look like anything you expect a radio to look like. Times, they sure are a changing.