Sirius XM whacked out or is it me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
2016 ram bighorn 1500 hemi radio is 8.4 non nav unit. it seems to happen a lot.

I have a channel on XM and a new song comes on. I go up or down a channel or skip to next channel and go right back to original channel and song seems to skip much farther along than it should be. This happens a lot and doesn’t matter the channel. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
haven't noticed it but i wouldn't be surprised. the system seems kind of like an imperfect on demand system. i can check 5 or 6 channels and the majority will either be at the start or very close to the end of the the song and start of the next. i've had this happen often enough to know its not fluke. and the odds of it happening this often with song average lengths of 3.5- 4 minutes means either i should be buying lottery tickets cause i'm extremely lucky..or its got some kind of multiple streaming or quick stream thing that goes on to make it more likely to catch the start of a song. try to do the same thing time and time again with 5 different radio stations. its exactly as random in terms of where the songs are at as you ould expect.

andyhollin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
For me it seems that when I switch stations it's almost always the beginning of a song. I assume this is some kind of caching. My wife's Subaru doesn't do it though.

OP
OP
duckman631

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
It sucks because if you hear a good song start but go check another channel really quick and then go back and it’s like a third through or sometimes seemed to be right at the end.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
For me it seems that when I switch stations it's almost always the beginning of a song. I assume this is some kind of caching. My wife's Subaru doesn't do it though.

that makes sense. thats what mine does

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
There is a feature on the radio to start songs at the beginning, and I think it’s for your top 6 preset stations. It’s called “tune start” or something like that. Look for it in the settings menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
duckman631

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
There is a feature on the radio to start songs at the beginning, and I think it’s for your top 6 preset stations. It’s called “tune start” or something like that. Look for it in the settings menu.

Ok I found and turned off tune start. Been playing around and so far seems to have stopped and songs play as the should when going back and forth. Thanks man!

I love this forum for finding solutions. Ram Nation Baby!!

andyhollin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

Makes sense! I think it's a great feature.

ronsrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a 2016 ram I have been told the interference on Sirius is caused by cell towers. Does anybody have any other ideas or am I stuck with all these interruptions every time I drive by. I was told it was t mobile